Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kel'Thuzad tactic

5 posters

Go down

Kel'Thuzad tactic Empty Kel'Thuzad tactic

Post  Buculus Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:28 am

Copied and pasted from www.wowwiki.com

Phase one

Kel'Thuzad is invulnerable, and you need kill adds which come from the seven alcoves, including the entrance.

* Soldier of the Frozen Wastes - Casts Dark Blast when it touches an enemy unit causing 3063 to 3937 Shadow damage to the raid and will kill the Soldier itself. Dark Blast is not partially resistible. Surprisingly, these are able to be shackled. Slow move speed. 1,600 hit points. 71 will attack through phase one, though more may be pulled accidentally.

* Unstoppable Abomination - Periodically applies Mortal Wound, a stacking "-10% healing received" debuff to its target. It will randomly choose one melee range target, so multiple tanks work best for this mob. They spawn progressively faster as phase 2 approaches, they must be killed as fast as possible to avoid having multiple abominations up when Kel'Thuzad becomes active. ~75,000 hit points. Normal run speed. Eight will attack through phase one, though more may be pulled accidentally or intentionally for achievements. Hits for ~4,000 on plate, mortal wounds for 6,000.

* Soul Weaver - Wail of Souls Inflicts 6375–8625 Shadow damage and does a 30-yard knock-back that hits 3 players. It will only do this attack when it is near its primary aggro target. ~55,000 hit points. Slow movement speed. Eight will attack through phase one, though more may be pulled.

Phase two

Phase two begins 3 minutes and 48 seconds after you engage Kel'Thuzad. He becomes active, and has approximately 5,660,000 hit points. He is tauntable.

* Frost Bolt single is a 2-second cast. Inflicts 10063–12937 Frost damage to primary aggro target and reduces its movement speed for 4 sec. This spell is not reflectable via Warrior Spell Reflection.

* Frost Bolt multiple inflicts 4500–5500 Frost damage and reduces the targets' movement speed for 4 sec. Hits everyone in the room and cannot be interrupted - it is instant cast. Used every 20-30 secs. Fully resistible.

* Mana Detonation is a debuff randomly applied to a mana-using player. The player will explode after 5 seconds, dealing Arcane damage based on maximum mana to all players within 10 yards (not to himself). Mana-based melee will only deal ~10,000 damage, while holy Paladins and Priests can cause ~25,000 damage or more. It will also drain ~2,000 mana from the affected player. This spell has a 30-second cooldown.

* Shadow Fissure summons a very noticeable red fissure around the targeted player which does 62500–137500 Shadow damage after 5 seconds as Void Blast. Easily avoidable by running out of the fissure.

* Frost Blast places an Ice-Block effect on the targeted player, and all players within 10 yards, rendering them unable to perform any action. This effect will continue to chain to anyone within 10 yards of anyone affected as with C'thun's Eye Beam. It will deal 104% of their maximum HP in damage over 4 seconds. If those affected are not healed within 4 seconds they will die. Unlike 25-man this ability cannot target the main tank. Instant casts, such as the priest's Prayer of Mending or even Power Word: Shield may be more successful than fast heals such as the Priest's Flash Heal, the Paladin's Flash of Light, the Druid's Regrowth, or the Shaman's Lesser Healing Wave, depending on the server lag and individual healer's latency. Party heals, such as Circle of Healing or Chain Heal may be more successful, as long as they proc on the player within the Ice Block. For people having trouble keeping melee alive, try to group two melee together and have each group stay 10 yds away from the tank. This way only two melee will be affected at the same time, and it's much easier (and more healer friendly) to keep them alive, instead of healing through three Frost Blasts. This spell has a 45-second cooldown.

Phase three

At 45% health, Phase Three will begin as Kel'Thuzad calls for aid and the Lich King sends two Nerubian Crypt Lords known as the Guardians of Icecrown to attack the raid.

* Guardian of Icecrown - These have as much HP as Kel'Thuzad (combined) with the ability Blood Tap, which is a self buff that does +15% all damage, + 10% size, and can stack up to 99 times. The Guardians will flee when Kel'Thuzad dies. Immune to CC. The Guardians stack Blood Tap every ~15 seconds and it hits their aggro target for ~3,000. They hit for ~2,000 on plate to start but this increases rapidly over time.

10-man strategy

The 10-man version of Kel'Thuzad is significantly easier than the 25-man and should be manageable if your group can kill Sapphiron. Since the Guardians do not hit very hard on 10-man and Kel'Thuzad cannot target the main tank with Frost Blast, the main tank can pick up both Guardians and tank them along with Kel'Thuzad, eliminating the possibility of the offtank being Frost Blasted while tanking Guardians, which can often result in death.

(Pre-Patch) Kel'Thuzad's abilities in a 10-man consist of single-target Frost Bolts (which can be interrupted), raid-wide Frost Bolts (which must be healed through; the slowing effect can be dispelled), Mana Detonation (positional), and Shadow Fissure (instant death if in the area of effect after 5 seconds).

Healers must keep the raid topped off, and heal the Frost-Bolted target immediately.

Optimally, designate one healer for the tank, healer(s) to watch for Frost Blast, and AoE/chain heals for the raid-wide Frost Bolts. The healer assigned to heal the multiple Frost Bolt should stand near the center of the raid to have access to the entire raid. Healers should also be ready to heal each other in case of Frost Blasts, and to fill in for each other as needed. Once the adds are picked up, this encounter is effectively a DPS race, because the guardians get bigger and bigger, and hit harder, until eventually your tank will die or your healers run out of mana.

While not as big a problem as on 25-man, restrict your melee DPS to three, including the tank. This allows them to form a triangle around Kel'Thuzad, which prevents frost bolts chaining onto the tank. The tank may have difficulty seeing the fissures once the Guardians grow to a certain size. To deal with this, use a mod that warns when they spawn, then move every time they form. This will not be an issue if your group has enough DPS to kill Kel'Thuzad before the Guardians get too big.

Kel'Thuzad's can chain cast his single-target Frost Bolt on a tank for 10-12k each. Any form of melee interruption is greatly helpful here, including a Shield Slam, Rogue Kick, or Death Knight Mind Freeze/Strangulate.

Kel'Thuzad has a 19-minute enrage timer (from the beginning of the fight), at which point his Frost Bolts begin hitting for approximately 30k and he hits for 20k melee on plate.
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Kel'Thuzad tactic Empty Re: Kel'Thuzad tactic

Post  Leannah Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:41 am

Good one Buc... Kel'Thuzad tactic 342285

This meens we can have only one tank?
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:48 am

Leannah wrote:
This meens we can have only one tank?

It might be bit dodgy in phase 1 - I'm not sure how hard these mobs hit (abominations) and whether 1 tank is enough there. Also on phase 3 someone will have to pick up Crypt Lords and bring them to MT as it won't be wise for MT to run around the room to aggro them unless he has long range taunt that can be used on them both (like challenging shout but CS has only 10 yard radius I think).

The thing is you can't use dual spec 'in-fight' so we might want to have 2 tanks at start on trash and then OT to pick up Crypt Lords in phase 3 and bring them to MT to taunt them and keep them together with Kel. This means that on phase 2 and after dragging mobs to MT on phase 3 our OT should focus more on dpsing than tanking I think Smile

I might be wrong of course and maybe we should try with 1 tank only. If we have OT DK (and I think we will as Zarck is coming to OT this weekend) then he can switch to frost presence beeing in dps gear to OT trash at start (if they don't hit too hard) and bring Crypt Lords to MT and then switch back to blood/unholy presence to beat the crap out of Kel Razz
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:09 am

I don't think it will be a problem during phase 1, the abominations don't come that often, and we dps'ed them down fast so one tank should be more than enough there. Will just have to keep and eye on Kel if he comes and there are still abominations up it can get a bit hectic.

As for phase 3 after reading the above strat, it sounds like it should be doable with only one tank doing kel and the adds, we will just have to nuke him down fast seeing as those guardians stack a buff on you increasing damage by 15% every 15sec and that could start hurting after a few minutes. but with all the healers on the tank he should be fine.

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:13 am

I guess we will ask Zarck to switch to dps on Kel then and we'll see how it goes Smile I think we can do the same on Sapp as you don't really need 2 tanks there and 1 more dps always comes in handy on these encounters.

Sounds like a plan to me Wink Let's clear as much as we can on Sunday to have enough time on Monday for Kel Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:18 am

Agree with Sil there. Abominations are not a problem. And 1 tank can take care of them and Kel for a while. Crypt lords could prove to be trickier mostly due to 10 feet positioning of plyers could be somewhat hectic.
I would say 2 things are crucial in that fight:
1. When he ice blocks healer - we lost birdie that way and that should not happen I have cooldowns to get me through that phase when 1 healer should focus more on another think its vital we all survuve that phase
2, those shadow thingies I stupidly died on twice in a row. was a bit tired and didnt react fast enough. Cant shake off the feeling if I was more on my toes we would down him in our second try that evening Embarassed Embarassed
I would suggest to go steadily here 2 tanks to start with, and Zarck can switch stances depending on need. But dont think we should toy around too much with crypt lords. Unless we have insanely high DPS! Well see how it goes!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:24 am

Buculus wrote:I guess we will ask Zarck to switch to dps on Kel then and we'll see how it goes Smile I think we can do the same on Sapp as you don't really need 2 tanks there and 1 more dps always comes in handy on these encounters.

Sounds like a plan to me Wink Let's clear as much as we can on Sunday to have enough time on Monday for Kel Smile

For Sap I total agree 1 tank there is more than enough all others DPS and healers. As for monday I say as former replacement GM and present officer - flat out NO. No more fooling around Nax will fall by the doomed hands of doomed riders that very sunday evening, if it costs us our sleep.

No more waiting around and fooling about and no more wipes, I kid you not. We start at 8.30. No start grouping at 8. 30. as before. We enter in 8. 29. and in 8. 30. Tesh will charge! If 1 or 2 persons are late we will clear trash until bosses so we can be fast about it.
Nax falls in evening between sunday and monday.

END OF STORY![u]
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:32 am

Hehe yes those shadow fizzuers is bad news and easy to miss. We were going great on tuesday aswell with everyone still up. I was focusing so hard on kel and the one guardian keeping agro and with the DK's spamming their purple/red AOE or aura or what ever on the ground Very Happy I in all that I also missed the fizzure and was one shotted. Embarassed It was not that hard to tank Kel and one guardian.

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:37 am

Teshija wrote:
Buculus wrote:I guess we will ask Zarck to switch to dps on Kel then and we'll see how it goes Smile I think we can do the same on Sapp as you don't really need 2 tanks there and 1 more dps always comes in handy on these encounters.

For Sap I total agree 1 tank there is more than enough all others DPS and healers. As for monday I say as former replacement GM and present officer - flat out NO. No more fooling around Nax will fall by the doomed hands of doomed riders that very sunday evening, if it costs us our sleep.

No more waiting around and fooling about and no more wipes, I kid you not. We start at 8.30. No start grouping at 8. 30. as before. We enter in 8. 29. and in 8. 30. Tesh will charge! If 1 or 2 persons are late we will clear trash until bosses so we can be fast about it.

END OF STORY![u]

HOOHA!!! Tesh

We showed last week that we could have easily cleared naxx if we started on time and with no other time wasteges, so yes it should be doable on sunday night if all are ready and focused.

We wasted enough time on Naxx Laughing

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:40 am

I totaly agree naxx will fall... Kel'Thuzad tactic 625610 Kel'Thuzad tactic 843730
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:13 am

END OF STORY![u]

Hell yeah! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:18 am

That's the spirit Tesh! Very Happy I've said it ages ago that we should start RAID at 8.30 and not start groupping and wasting even up to 1h because of people coming late and all. If I come late and log on 8.29 in 99% of the cases I'm ready to go as I prepare all consumables day before if I know there's a possibility that I'll be logging on just on time. So please everyone - be ready to start at 8.30. If you need some time to sort out your consumables and all please log on at 8pm to give yourself enough time or prepare everything on the day before Smile It'll help us a lot. Last weekend we started at 21.30... In this hour we wasted we could have cleared at least 1 quarter Smile

And yes - we'll burn this place down this weekend!!! Kel will be at our feet begging for mercy which Doomed Riders don't have Evil or Very Mad

Boy - why Sunday is not today Laughing
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:25 pm

Yeah this weekend Doomed raiders is moving in to a new HQ a prime relastate howering over Dragonblit....Smile

I call Kel´s throun rome...Smile

And if im not misstaken Tesh gona call Maxx`s webb room and convert it to a bunsing castle... Very Happy
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down