Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to tank whit a DK

5 posters

Go down

How to tank whit a DK Empty How to tank whit a DK

Post  Leannah Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:06 am

What do talent tree are you going for if your tanking whit a DK? I guess frost but am i going to take only from that tree? Right now i have a lvl 60 DK that im going to spec tank. Any edvice will be helpfull...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

How to tank whit a DK Empty Re: How to tank whit a DK

Post  Teshija Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:17 am

Well Suposedly all trees for DK are good for tanking right now. Frost is kinda originally designed for tanking but as it turned out they are good in any spec as tanks. Dont really know anything about mechanics there but you might get some good tips on Tanking forums on wow, I hang around there when I look for some tricks and tips, and whats good some good people there too and sound advices.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:21 am

Suprisingly frost is not the best tanking spec around Smile It is based on DW 1h weapons but many tanks use heavy 2h as DKs tank through damage (their threat comes from high dmg output and increased threat in frost presence) plus there's rune to add +20def to 2h weapon while there's none for 1h...

You MUST pick up some frost talents (increased armor from items and so on) but unholy or blood might be as good or better than frost for tanking.

I never looked deeply into builds for tanking as I was dpsing on my DK but from what I've heard each tree is good for tanking (for example reduced CD on D&D is in Unholy tree).
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:14 am

Thx alot i will have to look in to it more closely....Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:25 am

Here's some helpful discussion on Elitists Jerks forum Smile That's where I took my frost build from Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How to tank whit a DK Empty Helpful post

Post  Phasileus Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:22 am

Phasileus

Back to top Go down

Post  Phasileus Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:19 pm

bump

Phasileus

Back to top Go down

Post  Serjo Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:44 am

From my (limited) experience as a DK tank i can say this.
As it's been already written check out forums at Elitistjerks. I also found very useful infos in Tankspot.com and pwnrear (http://pwnwear.com/2009/08/06/3-2-death-knight-tank-specs/) where yuo also find links to dual wield spec(s).
All 3 trees provide good tanking specs while Blood has superior "Effective Health" but less "snap" tanking and AoE tanking abilities, Unholy has better magic utilities and useful AoE tanking abilities and Frost has better overall mitigation while less EH.
I have always been specced frost for tanking (2hander) since (with glyph of Howling blast and glyph of DnD) it has better AOE agro management which is useful for HCs and Off-Tanking in raids more than single target threat and it's the tree which requires less gear to be effective. Tanking with a 2hander is atm the best option (at least at non Uber-Geared level as mine is) since 2% more stamina and 25 defense skill (a lot of) are indeed the best rune yuo can get as a tank with no shield. Patch 3.3 will bring a one hander equivalent rune and I'll go trying dual wield which is Frost again with ToT talent. It has been calculated that at 30 expertise rating dual wield has the same risk of parry-gib against Bosses than a warrior tanking with a fast one hander. I've been farming the Peacekeeper (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47500) and get 2 of those in order to provide enough expertize and 2 gems slots (which could be 60+ stamina) are worth considering it even if they are too fast to be good for DKs.
Hope to have helped a bit.

See ya soon in game and have you all a great time!

Serjo

Serjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down