Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some thoughts about raiding

+2
Teshija
Leannah
6 posters

Go down

Some thoughts about raiding Empty Some thoughts about raiding

Post  Leannah Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:02 am

I hade a thought. We are now quite a lot off pepoul in the guild and many of use are accually online at the same time during the week as well. So my thought was this we could accualy if we wanted to start clearing sertain part of naxx during the week as well. Ofc the triky thing here is that ones you go i your saved and if your looking for a sertain droop you might miss it if your not online so to say. For me this is no problem sins i only do Naxx whit the guild and i dont realy need any droops exept from Kel.

The upside to this is that if we clear alot befor sunday we dont have to do sutch a marathon raiding on Sunday and Monday only to reach Kel late in the evening, tired and unfocused. The problem have never been that we cant do it the problem is that we dont have enough time ones we start...Smile. So if we maybee could cleare spider and maybee some of plauge before sunday that would be great...Smile.

I love to hear your thoughts in this subjekt...Smile?

And also how many want to get some guild 10 man VoA and OS going?
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Some thoughts about raiding Empty Re: Some thoughts about raiding

Post  Teshija Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:30 am

We made guild VoA and OS last week and it was really nice, we had 2 pugs tho but in the end went nice!

As for Nax I said it before and I will say it again. To clear all of Nax we need 3 max 4 hours. If we managed to clear to half of construct yetrday till the 11.30 I think all of us would push to Kel. There is no point of making it days long run when it can be done in couple of hours.

But if you think on the past runs, they were always better with 3 healers then with 2. Sure most bosses can be done with 2 healers but amount of wipes we vitnessed yestrday were all tight spots due to lack of one healer. Also remember Maexna and Patchwerk kills were strokes of luck in the end, we could have just as easy wipe there again instead of kill them.

And remember recomennded setup is 3 healers 2 tanks and 5 dps. And we should go like that and end of story.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:02 am

Yeah we should realy try to go whit 3 healers....Smile.
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:31 am

On the healing front I'd have to agree with Tesh there - I found the healing quite a struggle at times (hence the wipes). It's at least partly due to my ability playing a healer, I think I could be a lot more effective in the raid but unfortunately the only chance I get to practise is when we're raiding - which isn't a time when you want to practise.

I'm going to do some research over the next little while and see if I can find some ways to improve the way I play the healer. One thing that did make a huge difference is the removal of spiritual attunement (which gives me 10% mana based on being healed by someone else) - I didn't think I'd suffer from the lack of it but I went OOM several times during the raid - at no point was that a cause of any of the wipes but it came close on Razuvius. Plus the talent respec has meant I had to drop my run speed talents (Pursuit of Justice), this made me slower than I'm used to on Heigan - hence dying there - though I began to get used to it towards the end.

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:03 am

Yes!

You and Shanla performed great I think but we really missed that on guy that would make helaers job easier. We had excellent DPS last night (bosses never went down faster - Anub rekhan for example, usualy on guild runs he is on about 20% after second locust swarm, yestrday he was down even before he started casting swarm No. 2.) so I think that the guild would benefit much more if we had an extra healer there instead of one DPS. As for Tanks I am completly geared up (only item that would do me better is shield from Malygos and possible trinket from thadius, which is not an improvment but rather different trinket for different situations), Sil is geared up same as I am, and Zarck is almost there I think, still short on HP I think but nothing that cant be managed in raids.

Also one thing I noticed yestrday, this was mostly due to lot of melee, and some deaths and vipes resulted here as well. When we run and progres through the dungeon and clearing trash, and trust me here, most secure formation is first run one tank, in second place runs other tank and healer, and all others behind them, with few yards between groups. This have following benefits first and foremost no body pulls (few happened yestrday resulting in deaths) mobs in Nax have MUCH MUCH vider aggro range then in heroics let us say, tank will have ample time to build aggro while you arrive, healer is in the healing range of tank and on his side keeping him safe is other tank, which then moves forvard when rest of the group arrives. Bealive me its the safest and most effective way to move forward.
Also when I say Ill pull there is realy no point of you guys going forward with me, when you hear tank says he will pull you just dont move plain and simple!

Think it will be much better next time lot of new people in group and we still need to develop that team feeling if you know what I mean.

I will stress this one more time please be aware of the grouping arrangmant while we clear trash there is realy no point in people dieing there.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:53 am

I should have enough gold saved up by this evening to get holy dual spec, that will also help in those encounters where one tank is needed an a off healer in more usefull. Will just have to throw some enchants and gems on the gear.

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:17 am

Silahco wrote:I should have enough gold saved up by this evening to get holy dual spec, that will also help in those encounters where one tank is needed an a off healer in more usefull. Will just have to throw some enchants and gems on the gear.

check my armory (bloody American spelling!) if you need any pointers.....

Temple's Armory

I enchanted all my gear apart from the boots I think so all you need is mats and gems Smile

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:27 am

Thank you Temple, will have a look and see what to put on em Smile

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:41 am

Just let me knowe what glyphs you want and i have them rdy for you mate...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:49 am

Leannah wrote:Just let me knowe what glyphs you want and i have them rdy for you mate...Smile

He'll need Flash of Light, Holy Light, Seal of Wisdom and Seal of Light as a minimum - then whatever to taste.

Too many majors there of course, but they are the good ones, for minors - Lay on Hands I guess.

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarck Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:12 am

Nice idea, for me it would also work better with clearing a lil during week, like maybe only do an hour from 22 pm to 23 pm or some such. I will also be more reluctant to log on early the closer we get to summer. here in sweden you really dont want to miss the small window when the sun is actually warming you Smile

Zarck

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:59 am

Let me know what enchants you need Sil and I'll look after you Wink
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:52 am

Buculus wrote:Let me know what enchants you need Sil and I'll look after you Wink

I said that first! Sad

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:54 am

Let me know if you need a pat in the back, since my 420 BSing and flowerpicking aint much of a use....
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:56 am

Temple wrote:
Buculus wrote:Let me know what enchants you need Sil and I'll look after you Wink

I said that first! Sad

Sorry mate - didn't see that Very Happy
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:58 am

damm and then they are fighting over me Very Happy

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:00 am

Stop spamming the topic Ill delete you all! Myself included!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:06 am

Silahco wrote:damm and then they are fighting over me Very Happy

Some thoughts about raiding 738831

Some thoughts about raiding 342285
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:20 am

Zarck wrote:Nice idea, for me it would also work better with clearing a lil during week, like maybe only do an hour from 22 pm to 23 pm or some such. I will also be more reluctant to log on early the closer we get to summer. here in sweden you really dont want to miss the small window when the sun is actually warming you Smile

Back on topic..Smile What do you guys think about that trying to play a litle on wendsday already...Smile. We can play between say 21.30 and 23.00 or 9.30 pm to 11 pm that will give use a head start for sunday...Smile and maybee more pepoul can joine in that way.... Smile?
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down