Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ulduar discusions

+2
Silahco
Leannah
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ulduar discusions Empty Ulduar discusions

Post  Leannah Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:53 am

I started this tread just so we have somewhere to post about thoughts, discussons or just general post regarding our adventure in Ulduar...Smile

First of all i think the thoughts that are on all our minds right now is "Whos the man/girl/cow" We went in to Ulduar thinking to down Flameleviaten and maybee try 1 boss but came out killing 4 boss in total and that whit only 2 whipes...Smile. Those 2 was also caused by easyly fixt misstake like changing back the keyconfiguration and not jumping of the kliff....Smile. I most say it all went realy well and a big thanks to Gorgh´s exelent tactics...Smile. We have reschadual a continuation of the raid on sunday at 8 pm...Smile

On a personal note im really happy that Nizzo busted her Raid cherry in Ulduar non the less...Smile and she came out of there whit flying collours maybe whit some SBB problems but that is about it...Smile Al kiddinga aside im happy whit my tanking overall i knowe i can improve but its going in the right direction...Smile
Healing was excellent although some one i will not name name although hi is a jolly lignocellulose based lifform needs to get DBM instaled...Smile. DPS despite the pressens of Lea was also good not to say topp notch...Smile It is hard to find improvment and a raid that went as well as this one did...Smile. But if someone have somthing to add plz fell free to do so. Or if you just want to "Toot" your own horn like i did...Very Happy Plz fell fre to do that as well...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ulduar discusions Empty Re: Ulduar discusions

Post  Silahco Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:20 am

Firstly to set the record straight....I did not jump off the cliff Embarassed umm.....it was Pahana...he just pushed me off there so he could tank Smile hehe who knew there was no stairs there.

Apart from the unneccisary wipes we had, It went very well last night. Congratz everyone involved great job and thx Gorgh for all the tactics for us lazy bums who did not read up on it. Then just to toot someone elses horn, Very Happy Nizzo great tanking last night, will have to level my lock faster seeing as I will be out of a job one of these days.

Looking forward to sundays run and have started reading up a bit on the other bosses.

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:40 am

Shocked

I'm really impressed with you lads Very Happy Great job Very Happy I fought only 3 bosses there and never managed to down Deconstructor with pugs Razz He was hitting me for 14-15k on plate every now and then Smile Looks like you had some really nice geared team yesterday Very Happy What was the setup? Smile How many healers? Smile Who was dpsing? Come on! Shed some more light on it Razz Which bosses you took down? Smile I'm full of questions Smile

P.S. Looks like I can retire now scratch Ulduar discusions 738831 Ulduar discusions 51103
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:21 am

Forgive me if I left anyone out or had the wrong rolls asigned Embarassed

Tanks: Sil and Nizzo/Lea
Healers: Happy, shanla, schaah
DPS Pahana, Gorgh, Lupper, Berg and moo.

The bosses that we did was
Flame Leviathon
Razorscale
XT002 Deconstuctor - Nizzo tanked him :-) for the amount of time he has been 80 he picked up some really nice gear very fast.
Kologarn

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:03 am

Well thx all im blushing... Embarassed Well im not gona be able to take someones post as tank any time sone especialy sins i apparent not even can taunt propably....Very Happy , wrong keykonfiguration after the flame leviatan i tryed to put BoM on the moob instead of Taunt...Very Happy. Secondly yeah i have some nice gear thx to alot of emblem and ToC farming...Smile BUT i think yesterdays tanking preformans by me is in no little part due to my new fould love...... Disc priest...Smile. Shanlas dmg midigation together whit Schaas and Happys raid healing is what keept me up i think i found myself from time to time having 37 k HP which i think is due to Shanla...Smile.

on the flamelaviatan we used 2 choppers, 2 devestators and 2 catapult thingis and it went realy good ...Smile. At leas me and Sil goot a nice temwork going whit the boost and shield...Smile and i think everyone els got it as well...Smile

Yeah and i think you are right Sil i thought i saw Pah leg out there infront of you while you where running... Suspect

But in all seriousnes i think we all did a great jobb and i think what won the day was realy good tactics, teamwork and above all "coolheads" we stayed frosty in the fights everyone did what they where suppose to do and counted that the men next to him would do that as well i was never wourid about my HP and could therfore focus on picking up adds.....Smile It was great ...Smile
As you said Sil im realy looking forward to sunday and i hope all kan come then as well but i have bouth Nizzo and Leannah saved in there now so for me its no porblems what so ever comming as tank or DPS...Smile

To sumarise i think we have proven we have the gear for ulduar now so now we only have to work on the tactics and whit Gorqh exelent guiding i think we are more then halfway there...Smile

On an unrelaited note i been looking a bit in to DPS spec for Nizzo this so i can help whit running some HC This weekend for our slacking tanks, no names lets just say they tend to small bad on ninja pulls and the other tend to demand "MORE DPS", gearing up some use well...Smile. This way i will have a DPS/Healing spec and hopfully be able to do somthing whit it as well....Smile and if it comes to that Lea and Grim will be there as well...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:15 am

Buculus wrote:Razz.S. Looks like I can retire now scratch Ulduar discusions 738831 Ulduar discusions 51103

Hehe mate never...Smile Nizzo is far to fabolus to take the roll of a smelly old ninja puller... besides i was only there to make Sil look more fears by comparusment...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Happytree Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:01 am

I was extremely impressed by our performance in uld (so was moo). I was only expecting to down 1-2 bosses and when we downed 4! i was overjoyed! (especially moo who i think had more gear than any1 else!) I installed DBM yesterday and it is very helpful! im wondering if theres any other addons that can help healing! Smile great work by everyone especialy tanks new and old! keep up the good work and make Happytree the Happiesttree!!! XD
Happytree
Happytree

Back to top Go down

Post  Shanla Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:41 am

Leannah wrote:BUT i think yesterdays tanking preformans by me is in no little part due to my new fould love...... Disc priest...Smile. Shanlas dmg midigation together whit Schaas and Happys raid healing is what keept me up i think i found myself from time to time having 37 k HP which i think is due to Shanla...Smile

awww, your making me blush now Embarassed Razz i really love disc healing myself as its completely different from normal healing Smile instead of healing dmg, i prevent it Very Happy i do have a question for the tanks regarding one of my skills though.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=33206 this reduces dmg taken by 40%, which is a lot Smile but sometimes i hesitate to use cause of the 5% threat reduction. now what i wanna know is if this is a lot that can make a difference in your agro or is 5% next to nothing? Razz
Shanla
Shanla

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:58 am

Well it realy depends whene i am watching Omen in a fight i tend to so a cleare pattern at tthe start i have alot of aggro that get eaten away slowly untill its oftern realy close. But if i read it correct it will instanly lower my threath by 5% and if so i say its np..Smile. However if i have 5% lower threat for 8 sec that could be trouble although not a dealbreaker for 40% mitigation...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:59 pm

I don't think 5% will make a big difference, we do continuesly keep buidling up agro, so I think we should be able to handle a threat reduction for a short period. Mybe not use it right in the begining of the fight but later on for sure we can give it a try :-) If we wipe we will just blame Shanla Very Happy

And on a sad note. I'm not gonna be able to make sundays run. Looks like my graphic card has finaly decided to die Crying or Very sad The onboard one works but no wow working on that one. Will have to see how quickly i can replace/fix it.

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:33 am

Think you should try install Omen Threat meter, Shanla.. Smile Then you can check out threat percentages on each mob, in your situation it's probably not the most user friendly in trash fight, but on a raid boss this should be easy to keep track on whether you can use the spell or not.. Smile
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:57 am

Shanla - as other said, don't use it at start of the fight when we have to build up aggro and every % counts. While we are in the middle of the fight then sure Very Happy sounds like a cool spell Smile especially for boss fights with enrage phase Smile

P.S. On the side note - some of priests put PW:Shield on warriors Smile Please don't do this at start of the fight. We have to build up rage to tank and we gain rage when we hit and when mobs hit us. This means if we are shielded we struggle with rage. Again - it's cool when we have full rage bar to cover us and make it easier for healer but never at start Smile It works great with pallys and DKs though as they use mana/runic power & runes Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shanla Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:25 am

ty for the feedback, this will rly improve my disc healing rotations Very Happy the skill is on a 2.6 min CD so it will be mostly used on bosses with enrage phases when they deal most of their dmg. Smile ill install omen as well and see how that works out.

buc- didnt know that the shield interfered that much with your rage build up, ill keep that in mind next time Wink
Shanla
Shanla

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:55 am

Well we downed 1 more boss yesterday and i think we have the handle of the next one as well...Smile. Although we made plant of small mistakes yesterday that causet use to Whipe several times i do think we have the gear and Brains to pull it off ...Smile We just need to stay frosty...Smile. Also in the future i think if we start whiping like that we should just move to another boss if posible and get back to it later sins its easy to get in to a downward spiral...Smile

Anyhow even though we did whipe alot yesterday i still fell optimistick sins we have Tank, DPS and Healers to pull it off...Smile Not like the problems we hade in Naxx whit not killing mobs before enrage....Smile This is a consantration and cordination problem imo not a lack of gear or experiens...Smile and those problems are easily fixt imo...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:19 am

First boss we downed yesterday wasn't that bad - we wiped few times but we got the hang of it and downed him finally. Taking in account it was our first try we've done well Smile

Second boss... what pissed me off the most was the fact that, as Lea said, we are absolutelly capable of taking him down. No rocket science in there - just stupid mistakes. I was disappointed with my yesterday's performance on 2nd boss. I was making the same mistakes over and over >< I said to Lea yesterday - it's like when you hit your finger with hammer and say to yourself 'fuck, that hurts, I have to be careful next time' and 5s later you smash your finger again... I knew what I was doing wrong yet I couldn't improve it >< Maybe I was too tired (yes, it's a good excuse Razz) Apart from some hickups on pulls the only problem I had was his AoE. Sometimes I was too slow running from it... simple as it is. Other than that I think we'll down him next time.
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:26 am

Hehe, but in the spirit of the always positive Lea.. Now you know you shouldn't use an axe instead of the hammer Very Happy
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:23 am

Berg wrote:Hehe, but in the spirit of the always positive Lea.. Now you know you shouldn't use an axe instead of the hammer Very Happy

Yeah Buc at least you did not make it worse...Smile. All kidding aside i think 1 problem is mounting frustration that leads to downhill spiral in ths cases after many whipes pepoul tend to either lose focuse or get even more nervouse...Smile. So thats why i as the possitive person i am say next time we down him in the first try...Smile

On a personal note i think i got the hang of tanking the Boss...Smile and i only caused the whipe 1 maybee 2 times...Who caused the rest weeeeell..... Rolling Eyes let it be unsaid....Smile Allkiding asid i fell confident that i will be abel to do the part i did last night and do it well for our next try,...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Happytree Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:38 am

hi guys just writing to say that me n moo are really sorry we had to bail out of the run i was gutted and felt like i let the guild down but i didnt want to come knowing that moo wanted to come really badly too so i thought it would be unfair if i went and not her but anyway hope we are forgiven!. anyway i hope i didnt annoy any1 but these things happen =(
Happytree
Happytree

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:54 am

Always looking at the bright side, eh? Wink hehe

Happy - no worries mate Smile First things first Smile I'm just wondering what's wrong with Moo's PC scratch Looks like you have some serious overheating problems or bad RAM memory sectors. Have you checked wheather there's a coat of silicone paste between CPU and cooler? Get yourself some tool to test RAM memory as well Smile Happened to me before that my PC was freezing on startup or crashing just because of one RAM modul which had bad sector (one chip was damaged). After putting new RAM module my PC was like brand new machine Wink Apart from overheating (due to lack of contact between CPU and cooler or too small cooler) and RAM issues I can't think of anything else Sad If it's new PC you might try to bring it back to shop maybe?

P.S. Have you checked if you have sufficient power supply? Might be that your wattage (is this the right word? scratch ) might be too low and when additional coolers are kicking in your PC is just crashing due to too low power supply. For modern power gaming machines you'll be looking for aything around 750W if not more. Depends on your hard drives, graphic card (cards?), optical drives and number of fans inside the case and on the motherboard Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:29 am

Yeah np Happy ofc we understand ...Smile And we realy need to get moo CPU working...Smile. I seam to rmamber Moo freezing up before on her old CPU as well... scratch It cant be that you have your CPU standing in a chelf or cubbord somewhere? That could realy restrikt the flow of air to the mashine. But then again im on board whit Buc on this one you should open your mashin and see that all fans ar working whene you start the machine and also see that you have silicone past between the CPU and cooling element...Smile. Its not unheard of that fan cabels shacke lose during transport...Smile so have a look that all fans are connected...Smile Also see that the fan on the grafi card is working cause whene you play that thing is gona heat up as well...Smile

Also i was thinking about what buc said about enough power.... scratch . You could check if you have a voltage switch or somthing that you can sett it should be a manual switch somewhere on the "power sourse". I knowe we have that in sweden and you need to check it before pluging it in cause if it set wrong it can blowe a fuse,...Smile However we have 220V in our electric net...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Happytree Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:41 am

oh thanks mates <3 regarding moos pc it was made by her brother and its specs (ram, processor etc) are fine but he told her yesterday that the pc casing was a bit too small so that is probabley the cause of it overheating but it only seems to overheat and freeze if the pc is left on sleep, so whenever she turns the power off when she aint using it it seems to work perfectly ive told her to power it right off when she aint using it so will see if theres any more problems with it if there is il try the tips u guys gave ty for undetrstanding Smile
Happytree
Happytree

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:01 am

So... When are we continuing Ulduar? Smile

Please don't say tonight, Swarley.. Can't go tonight.. Razz
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:51 am

Lea could go pretty mutch any day but sad to say Swerly can only go today...Smile

Hehe all kidding aside i can go on Tuesday however as it is right now we need Sil or Buc to come as well so we have 2 tanks...Smile. So i would like to hear from one off you guys and se if you can come ...Smile or another tank is welcomme ofc...Smile

Wensday is out for me but im rdy to go on thursday but for that i suggest we let the server reset Ulduar and do the bosses over again so we can get some loot and improve our gear for later bosses...Smile.
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:15 am

I'm affraid there'll be no raiding or heroics for me over next 2 weeks Sad My family is visiting us at the moment and even if I'm online I'm semi afk (good to do dailies, lvl up Harkan but nothing more...)... Sad
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:33 am

I'll be on tonight, wed and thurs, but won't be able to make any raids on tuesdays for the next couple of weeks.... Sad

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next