Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Macros for warriors

2 posters

Go down

Macros for warriors Empty Macros for warriors

Post  Buculus Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:45 am

Lads - what macros have you used on your warriors? Smile

I've also read about this addon that changes your armor/weapon when you switch between stances. This should be hell lot of a help for both pvp and pve - imagine some caster in BGs, *berserker stance*, intercept, pummel, hamstring, HS *switch to defensive* (and automatically equip shield), shield bash (pummel probably still on cd hence shield bash), *back to berserker*, HS, pummel, hamstring, execute Very Happy Well, maybe it's just my imagination playing tricks but if there's such addon (I think it was 'something rack' - weapon rack? armor rack?) then my life would be sooo much easier against all these casters... Same in instances when I could quickly switch to berserker (when low on rage so that I don't waste it), whirlwind and back to defensive... Anyone ever used it before? I know you can macro it - switch stance, equip weapon from slot x in bag x and so on but I've heard that this addon will make it in the same way Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Macros for warriors Empty Re: Macros for warriors

Post  Rawrrz Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:49 am

I think pummel and shield bash share the same CD....I may be wrong (:

But one good thing for this, is for pvp, see a caster charging up a nice spell while your CC, just before they blast you, macro to stick sheild on, def stance and spell reflect Very Happy
BAM mage just pyro'd himself ;]

On my warrior I used to have a nice macro where I could set a hotkey so I just had to click one button to change to battle to zerker and back (:

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:58 am

That's not fair if they share same CD Razz

At what lvl you get spell reflect?

Do you know where to look for some useful macros? Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:33 am

Hmmm I found few macros that sound useful Smile

Here we go:

Sunder & Shield Block
This is a nice tanking macro if you are trying to establish aggro and get some early damage mitigation.

/script CancelPlayerBuff("Blessing of Salvation")
/cast [stance:2] Sunder Armor
/stopcasting
/cast Shield Block

Three-Spells-in-One-Button Tanking macro
Use this spamable macro for space saving and easy tanking:

#showtooltip
/castrandom [equipped:shields] Shield Slam, Revenge; Revenge
/cast [equipped:shields] Shield Block
NOTE: Works with dual wielding.

NOTE: castsequence did not use Revenge enough, due to lack of rage for a Shield Slam, so castrandom works much better.

Shield Bash or Pummel
Will use the Shield Bash ability if you have a shield and are in the correct stance, otherwise will place you in Berserker Stance and use Pummel.

/cast [stance:1/2,noequipped:Shields] Berserker Stance; [stance:1/2,equipped:Shields] Shield Bash; [stance:3] Pummel
This can be combined with Spell Reflection. If you are out of range to Shield Bash or Shield Bash is on cooldown you try to use Spell Reflection with this macro. Since Spell Reflection does not work on Berserker Stance and you are clearly meeting a caster if you use it I have made it swich from Berserker to Battle Stance if you have a shield equipped.

/cast [nostance:3,equipped:Shields] Shield Bash; [stance:3] Pummel; Berserker Stance;

All in one charge
If you are in combat, this macro will make sure that you are in berserker stance, then cast intercept. If you are not in combat, you will be placed into battle stance, then charge. The icon will also change to indicate which skill will be used. Either way, if you are using a shield, you will be placed in defensive stance. Delete the last line if you don't want to be placed in defensive stance.

#show [combat] Intercept; Charge
/cast [stance:1/2,combat] Berserker Stance; [stance:3,combat] Intercept; [stance:2/3,nocombat] Battle Stance; [stance:1,nocombat] Charge
/stopcasting
/cast [equipped:Shields] Defensive Stance
The same ideas can lead to Charge from Battle Stance from out of combat. If in Battle Stance and combat Thunder Clap and switch to Berserker Stance with one key pressed. If in Berserker Stance you pop Berserker Rage and if in range Intercept. If you are out of combat and do not have control pressed you will switch to Battle Stance though. If you press the button again you switch to Defensive Stance. A very nice macro to spam when you start combat especially if you have talents reducing the cost of Thunder Clap. Put it on a key you access from Battle and Berserker Stance and put an Intervene macro on the same key in Defensive Stance.

/castsequence [combat,stance:1] Thunder Clap; [combat,stance:3,nomodifier:ctrl] reset=2 Berserker Rage, Defensive Stance
/stopcasting
/cast [nocombat,stance:1] Charge; [nocombat,nomodifier:ctrl] Battle Stance; [stance:3] Intercept; Berserker Stance

Heroic Strike/Charge
Activates Heroic Strike for your next Melee attack and charges the enemy. If you wish to see the icon and tooltip for whichever is active (depending on combat status), leave the macro as is. If you wish to see one or the other, modify the first line accordingly (for instance, #showtooltip Charge) so that you can either watch the cooldown on your charge/intercept or you can change it to have your heroic strike tooltip to show you the damage bonus.

#showtooltip
/cast [nocombat] Charge; [stance:3,modifier] Intercept
/cast !Heroic Strike

Charge/Intercept and Hamstring
This is a nice combination for PvP. Assign this macro to a key on your keyboard, then use your mouse software to assign the side thumb button to the key. Double click the mouse button as needed for fast rundowns and hamstrings. Single click after the fight is over to pop back into Battle stance.

#show [combat] Intercept; Charge
/cast [nocombat,stance:1] Charge; [combat,stance:3] Intercept; [nocombat,nostance:1] Battle Stance; [combat,nostance:3] Berserker Stance
/stopcasting
/cast [stance:1/3] Hamstring

Boss Starter
This macro allows you to easily charge a boss for extra rage and threat, then switch back to defensive stance and bloodrage. This makes it easy to start off a boss fight with tons of rage as well as a good amount of threat. Stacking sunders will now be a piece of cake.

/cast Charge
/stopcasting
/cast Defensive Stance
/stopcasting
/cast Bloodrage

Charge/Defense
Charges the target and immediately switches to Defensive Stance. Not useful once in combat.

/cast [stance:1,nocombat] Charge
/stopcasting
/cast [stance:1] Defensive Stance; Battle Stance

Intercept/Defense
Intercepts the target and immediately switches to Defensive Stance.

/cast [stance:3] Intercept
/stopcasting
/cast [stance:3] Defensive Stance; Berserker Stance

Automatic Overpower or Revenge, AND use both trinkets
If you spam Heroic Strike as a filler this macro will: 1) Queue Heroic Strike for next swing 2) Use both trinkets 3) Then try to Overpower or Revenge depending on stance

The additional code is to stop error sound and text.

You can substitute "Heroic Strike" only with "Cleave", "Sweeping Strikes", "Shield Block", or "Berserking" (Troll)

#showtooltip
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/cast Heroic Strike
/use 13
/use 14
/cast [stance:1] Overpower; [stance:2] Revenge
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear();

Intercept/Hamstring
Activates Berserker Stance and Intercepts the target followed by using Hamstring on the target.

/cast [stance:3] Intercept; Berserker Stance
/stopcasting
/cast [stance:3] Hamstring

Sunder & Shield Block
This is a nice tanking macro if you are trying to establish aggro and get some early damage mitigation.

/cast [stance:2] Sunder Armor
/stopcasting
/cast Shield Block

First Aid for Dummies
A well-timed bandage can mean the difference between looting a corpse and being a corpse. The trick is getting the bad guys to give you 8 seconds to patch up with. As Warriors, we have one great tool to help with bandaging - Intimidating Shout. The 8 second fear is exactly what the doctor ordered, but you won't get that last tick of healing unless you can start bandaging at the same time that Fear starts counting down. Sounds like a macro to me.

/cast Intimidating Shout
/stopattack
/use Heavy Netherweave Bandage
Take care when using First Aid when you have a DoT on you. Fire off this macro while bleeding and you'll be lucky to get one tick of healing, leaving you with the Recently Bandaged debuff as well as wasting a bandage and Intimidating Shout cooldown.
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down