Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More AFK time

+4
Akaris
Leannah
Gredeth
Teshija
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

More AFK time Empty More AFK time

Post  Teshija Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:21 am

Well where to start. I really like all of you guys and enjoy playing with you but WoW has started to cramp upon my life big time.
The Kara run the other day made me realize that I will never be able to participate in the end game, I bearly lasted through the 10 man run dont wanna think how it would go with 25. In regard to how much time consuming wow is: Just grinding takes a lot of time,... The note I made about wife, work and wow was sadly true, I have abandoned all my other hobbies, I have grown fat (i mean it, my stomach falls on my legs while sitting Embarassed ) well I like to eat a lot, but I used to move a lot as well before I started wow, gym, swimming, mountain climbing..., I didnt do any sports at all since I started playing so I really need to change some stuff in my life.
So I will cut down my game time a bit (a lot more likley) before I decide upon investing in WOTLK. So I guess I will play a lot less and see how it will go like that, if I fail to see any point in playing with less time I will set out for wow, I think I will be quitting all together and be hoping for diablo 3 to come out soon.
So dont worry yet, I will still be around till 13th Smile , but after that I guess I will see how it goes and decide.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

More AFK time Empty Re: More AFK time

Post  Gredeth Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:49 am

This is definetly not good news and I have to say that if you decide to leave, the guild won't be the same anymore. No way in hell it would be. However, playing as little as 2 hours a day, you can still accomplish things in WoW and do instances, they just have to be well organized so that the runs start when they're supposed to etc.

I really really really really really hope you won't quit Sad Good luck mate.
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:55 am

Hehe i would not like to quit as well. Just down my game time a bit. So as far as I can guess my time will be mostly late in the evening (perhaps some afternnons) and over the weekends for a bit of longer time. I will just have too see what can I make out of that time I have and see if it is worth expanding the game, guessing that from 70 - 80 will take alot more time then from 60 - 70.
The problem actualy lies in my wiev on things. When I do something I like to do it completly and thoroughly and be fully immersed in it. Now I can see that wow has taken on a BIG time in my life and taken the time from other activities. That I dont like. Hopefully I will find pleasure to play it more scarecly then so far and I will be able to manage all of that.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:44 am

Well I know how it feels like when there's so much to do and so little time, oh yes I do. Well okay maybe 3 hours (+the time I spend online even if I shouldn't Laughing ) is not that "little". Anyway, compared to the time I USED to play it is pretty damn little. I know that sometimes it feels like you have to rush something in order to get it done before you have to go but then again I've learned to use the time I have more efficiently.

I used to ride around Orgrimmar, chat with my guild(s), help other players (even random people from time to time) etc a lot, and that took a lot of time. Nowadays if I set my mind to leveling (reading what Jame tells me to do Razz ) I can do a lot more than I used to while actually spending less time doing it. I know I'm saying the same thing over and over, a bit differently each time but that makes it sound good and convincing. lol!

If we (You and I) can find a time when we're both able to play, we could enjoy the game on a more casual level. I've tried it before though and I always feel like I'm holding the others back because I can't play as much as the others but if you reduce the amount of time you spend playing, maybe it could work. Think about it! Smile
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:57 am

Ill say good for you Nyc...Smile

Ill be sad to see less of you ill tell you that... Sad we just did out first Kara run toghter and that one of things thats stick whit a guy...Smile

All kiding a side Nyc i think its good you take some time of and balance your life.
Its important to not get stuck in to one thing but start budgeting your time (Just dont put it like that to your wife). Take me for exampel i have work hourse 08.00 untill 18.00 but whit a 2 hour lunch for exercise (accualy i dont have any hourse sins its up to me to get the work done but you have to budjet your time). By exersising in the morrnings or during the day you get the evenings of for work (If need be) or whatever i need to do. So when you come home at night your done.
Well that works for me in singel but i have alot of friends and thay demand time as well so i go in whit the thought no wow during weekdays periot (well exept for 07.00 to 07.30 when i check AH). But if i happend to get some time over i can play. Hovewer saturday morning and day are WOW time and so is sunday morning i made that clear to my friends or as i put it when thay call "You are seriusly incroutching on my wow time".

So my edvice is dont stop playing we would have to hunt you down then Twisted Evil . But cut down and insted of trying to carve out time from wow try to carv out wow time from your life. Take some times thats just wow time and if you have free time over than use it for wow. And if need be stop playing for a week and get som prespective and you see that "Gear" is not the most imortant thing. Wow is supose to be fun...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:22 pm

Sucks when WoW enroaches on your life - Worst thing is that it happens to ALOT of people and keeps happening.

I hope you get the balance sorted out and you still get to play, you'll be a major loss to the guild.
Not trying be patronizing : )

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Etin Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:07 pm

I understand what you are saying completely!

I have a full time job, a wedding to organise, compete in martial arts tournaments, play guitar, love reading and enjoy a very active social life!!! I've always found gaming easy to fit in, in the past, as you can hop on and off console games easily. However, I am really struggling not to allow WOW to take over my life!!! It requires so much time, and is so large that I could easily focus on WOW over almost everything else (except martial arts but thats hopefuly going to be my business one day Cool ).
I manage by going to the gym in my lunch break, train at my club three set times a week, have made a promise to myself that whenever friends want to do somthing decent such as climbing I let that take preference over WOW,focus on the wedding and spending time with my Mrs on days Im going training so I'll be too busy to play anyway, read books on the train to/from work and only go on WOW when I know I can dedicate a good few hours too it which at the mo works out once or twice a week, and as you can tell from the forum I think about it on a daily basis!!!
With this in mind I agree with Leanah1, rather than quit altogether allow other things to take priority and keep WOW as a chilled social hobby, something you do when you really need some 'you' time. At your level perhaps you could spend a few weeks dedicating to getting yourself to level 80 and then chilling once your at the top of the game Very Happy
It would be a real shame to lose such a sociable member Very Happy

Massive Repsect!
Captain Etin
Captain Etin

Back to top Go down

More AFK time Empty dont know what to say ...

Post  Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:06 pm

i dont use to reply to posts but i try to read them all but now i could not stay behind...

i have no words to describe what a terrible loss it would be for me if you should decide to quit the all game,you became more than a guild member to me ,i see you as a friend ,but i think by reducing your playtime you are right,there is alot outside the game that needs its time certainly when you have family and work ...

what about ingame i have my doubts too and if you are out the chances to do something(insantces,groupquest...) are even getting lower,so i have also my doubts what to do ingame.we talked about this already alot so i dont gonna talk about it inhere...
but for me what ever you decide you are a friend and always in my heart ...

my future ingame lays in your descision so i hope you stay around...

greetings Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:31 am

AAh guys realy dont know what to say Embarassed
I am relay touched. Thank you all for kind words and great support on the subject. I really think Ill be sticking around just a bit less then before. Need to get some things in order I guess.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:28 am

This was a good thred and an imortant subjekt for many of use, i can see that. And i think we all have felt the urge to just get another lvl or some better gear or "No now Nyc has 2 lvl up on me i need to keep in sync so we can do instanses togheter". I think its importent not to get stuck in to this type of thoughts and obsations. But for me the main obsation is to be "left behind" lvl wise in wotlk and thats eating up mutch of my time.
So her is my thought or rather what im going to do im going to slowe down my lvl to and if need be i will lvl my other characters (Like Leanah or Nizo). This way i hope we (Who ever wants to join me) can lvl up relative in sync so we can do dungeuns and raids togheter (Its more fun doing it thogether then one having to boost the rest i think). Dont get me wrong if you want to play you should play...Smile i just thought if many of use feel we are stuck in a rat race then lets slow down all of use and do wotlk thogether in a slower pase (its you guys i want to keep in sync whit the rest i dont care about) and realy enjoy it. And if you feel the like playing more try lvl 2 characters instead of one (I trying to get 3 but thats a pipe dream...Smile ).

Well this was just a thought and nothing binding just an ide....Smile

Like Captain Etin says we all are obsasiv about this game like we can see on this forum. And i hope thet even if some of use cut down out wow time we can still be active in the forum sins most of you are doing like me taking it out of you work time... Razz

BTW Captain Etin i dont recall seing you that mutch on the server what is your characters name? Or am i just daft and blind snd your char name is Captain Etin Smile

Well back to wrighting on my resuge proposal... Crying or Very sad nah its not that bad... Cool
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:46 am

Where do I start mate... man... others said it all but I have few more things to add Wink

First of all - go and read small print on Officers contract! Twisted Evil You are not allowed to leave! You are Doomed Rider! We will have to fly over to you and do terrible things to you that I don't even want to think about!!! Twisted Evil

Ok - jokes aside...

I fully understad how you feel. I do. I have the same problem with my social life and wow. Nahi is very often pissed off with me playing for too long or not having time for other things she asks me to do even though she plays too but she somehow manages to find time for everything. But... let's get back on topic Smile

WoW takes time. No question about it. The only thing is that we planned to be casual guild and I hope we will stay at it. Look at me - some of you have 2 lvl70s by the time I'm trying to get there. Take it easy. If you won't 'ding' today you'll do it tomorrow. Or day after tomorrow, or... you get the picture Smile It's not a race and we are not in a hurry. I know how you feel with 'getting everything done here and now' as I'm pretty much the same. I'd like to have my warrior already at lvl80 cladded with T8 (I hope there'll be T8 in WotLK Razz) and running 40man instances on a daily basis. Aint going to happen mate... full stop.

You got to 70 already. To 80 - I bet here and now that even if you cut your playtime by half you'll be there before me Smile Then we can start planning on what to do next.

We can set up a day or two in a week when we run instances or raid and progress bit by bit over the time. We won't gear up for heroics within a week but I don't mind if we will have to farm for it for 2, 3 months or longer. In the meantine we can socialize, run BGs, have fun and enjoy the game. WoW is not only about 'epikkkzzz' and heroics. For me it's about people. And that's what really matters. The reason why I'm not at 70 is not because I can't play or don't know how to lvl. I just take my time and enjoy everything what's in game or at least I'm trying to. Sometimes I'm around just for chat although I have to admit that over last few days I try to get to 70 at faster pace and I neglected social part of game a little bit (this includes helping others Embarassed ) This will change though when I finally get there. Just want to run with you few instances before WotLK and I should be 69 tonight (100k xp left) and 70 probably at the weekend. Then I will have a week or two to have some more fun at 70 and help others if needed.

You have mentioned kara... mate, it's like trying to smash lvl10 mob with lvl1 toon... At lvl70 your leveling changes from levels to gear/wepons. Same grinding you've done for leveling you'll have to do to get expercience and gear for instances. It's still progress but defined in a different way. Instances and raids scale in difficulty and it's comparable to levels to some extent if you know what I mean. You can't run some instances before you reach proper lvl. In Karazhan you can't survive unless you'll reach proper gear/armor level. It has nothing to do with skills. Even Kungen won't manage in there with freshly dinged 70... Don't let it put you off.

Truth is that it's too late for us for lvl70 end game. We don't have time to farm for gear to run heroics/kara - we should focus at some small grinding and prepare ourselves to move on to 80 in few weeks time. Then we will stop at 80 and start grinding for lvl80 end game content Smile I belive it will be even more fun that lvl70 one. And we won't need to be online 7 days a week to get there. As I said we can set up a day or two (or three if we manage) and dedicate 2-4h on these days (can be on weekends too) to progress in raids and gear up. So what that it'll take few months? Is it a race? No, it's not.

Don't know what else to say... you just can't leave Smile That's it. We started this together and if you leave... this guild will never be the same.

I'm bit quiet last days, don't socialize too much and have not much time for others (and it's nothing to be proud of... Embarassed ) but I'm just trying to get to this lvl70 as soon as I can now. I'll be better now, I promise Laughing

And again - read small print on Officers contract Twisted Evil Oh, and stop thinking you'll get rid of us and get on with D3 Twisted Evil You're doomed for life!
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:53 am

Well you have some points there but even if I run higher up Ill much rather run around with you guys in lower instances then do my own stuff. I now farm dailyes for money so I can get my hand on some gold for epic flayer but as long as someone want to do instance I am always in whatever the level. Its not realy about the gear for me its just more fun to do groups and instances together then soloing around. Sadly those groups are rare now since we miss healers but Kadath is now up to our level and it will be nice. ANd yeah Kara run was fun for me although a bit long, it was realy nice group that other guild patient and tolerant to mistakes everything was explained to us clearly so it realy made it ok! And it would be nice if we could have some more people to join us for PvP, so far I had runs together with Kitchi, Buc and Soedn and those were realy fun.
But on the original topic, less time and so and so I think Ill retire Nyc alltogether. Simply tryng to gear up and mount up two high chars is too much for me, and Teshija is way more usefull to guild, or at least it will be. Ill keep Nyc however couse he has high skinning and mining 375 which will always bring some nice amounts plus I can always have a quick run and make same mats if guild or members will need it. With hunter is realy easy to get all that stuff.
Btw Buc has posted another one of his oh so short bits of wisdom Very Happy , thank you m8 as I have said before means a lot to me.
In the end Il have to take it slowly Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:00 am

Nyctalus wrote:
Btw Buc has posted another one of his oh so short bits of wisdom Very Happy

Evil or Very Mad I'll stay quiet now.... NOT lol!
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:14 am

Ok before I write anything new here, I just have to quote myself from real life when I saw Buc's post: "Holy shit!" Laughing

Now I'll read it... Razz

EDIT: Ok.. First of all, Nyc. I didn't feel that comfortable in Karazhan either on my first (and so far only) run. I barely knew the people who were in there with me and I really felt like an outsider. I was also undergeared but we had a skilled and well geared tank and healers so everything went smoothly (only one wipe in Romulo and Julianne because everyone forgot they have to die almost at the same time or the even restarts Laughing).

Uhh. Then here's something that popped into my mind when I read the "read the small print in officers' contract; you can't leave!" part: "The first rule of Doomed Riders is.. You do not leave Doomed Riders! The second rule of Doomed Riders is.. You do not leave Doomed Riders!" Wink

I'm sure everything gets sorted out and you can still mess around with us without even feeling you're not going to accomplish anything. I just thought that since I'm not even going to buy WotLK until it's been out for a week or two, I'm really in no hurry and could very well just spec resto and level up in instances with you guys! bounce T'was really fun healing you and Shaah yesterday (it was Shaah right? just on his warrior Embarassed )
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:37 am

Yeah he was m8, and you did a good healing job too:)
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

More AFK time Empty same feelings ...

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:27 am

this is become intresting topic,i become at a dead end too in the game too at the moment ,and i have my doubts for the progress inside the game ,i have all dungeons or groupq in log even q for a and kara...i started then to play some bg to get my second dagger,but it seems the only use of a rogue is opening lockboxes ...thats the feeling i got now ,i like the rogue char but seems i better started tank or healer ...as i am not a good player and need to learn alot i feel i have to quit kitchi and level some other char but i will do outside guild!need to look to find the fun in game like the start in the outlands ...once i reached 70 the fun went down alot because i expected to much of dungeons and raids.but i gonna leave those thoughts behind ..thats the point for me now ...

but nyc mate whatever you do or decide you were a great compagnon in all i did inside the game and also the talks we had at the back ...i hope if stick around we can do alot togheter and i am always there for you in aspects of the game but certainly as a friend

Wim (Kitchi)

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:54 am

Kitchi wrote:
but it seems the only use of a rogue is opening lockboxes ...thats the feeling i got now ,i like the rogue char but seems i better started tank or healer ...as i am not a good player and need to learn alot
Wim (Kitchi)
Well I have said it many times before and I will say it again you are NOT a bad player. Inexperienced maybe as most of us are, but not in a long shot bad. When we were doing instances toghether at times I went as a tank (when I went with Nyc I didnt take care of that) your threat is always right behind mine m8, and since rogues dont have threat generating abbilities I would say your damage output was best in the group, so your role as a dpser is fullfilled. You always mange to sap the designated mob so your roll as CCer is completed. So In the end you are a good player which lacks expirience same as me, Buc, Nahi and some others.
Heck one of the reason i stay away from pugs is that i dont know all the instances so when people ask me to tank some I stay away and wait for a guild run to do those.
SADLY and I really think this to be true we dont do too many instances as a guild. We are all helpfull when we need to help about farming, doing some q on the outside, with mats and so on but instancing seems to escape us, and if I were to say that I dont miss this part of the game I would lie big time. So I think Kitch has a big point there, we dont have to do them every day but a once in a while it would be fun.
So to recap I realy dont see you asa bad player m8 and when you vere absent that time before guild was a much quieter place (which is strange since you are pretty quiet yourself Very Happy )
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:28 am

Sins we are talking about Kara my friends guild have done it already and have moved on to the next one (Whatever its cald). But many of them have alts that are at 70 and wants to run Kara but thay dont have enough players so i think there will be no problem for use to tag along for some raid even if we are not that well geard. Sure tha latst time we whipt a couple of times and it took some time but it was fun and we got gear so we be bether preperd for the next run bouth in gear and experiens. As i sad Me (Grim), Shaah and Tes run whit those guys last saturday but then we where not a full raid i think we where 8 or maybee just 7 so ther is room for more no dout about that. So lets se this weekend if we have time maybe we can do another raid and if we have some new 70 by thene or curent 70 that wants to join i think there will be no problem.

BTW i think you need a key to get in to kara anyone knowe where to get that?

Oh and another thing im also up for duengons most of the time ... i gusess i have turnd down som BG resantly.. Embarassed but tonight i will have time to play dungons bg what ever... Very Happy i just need to get this darn proposal done today and it aint getting done faster whit me wrighting this so to frase my self "This wrighting is realy infrensing on my wow time tonight"...
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:37 am

Its a quest chain that starts here:
http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=9824
That guy is somwhere outside Kara I think. However I will probably not be around this weekend but I wish you all the luck if you decide to go! Very Happy
Edit: I think you need to go to at least 3 instnces to get your hands on the key
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:13 am

After Kitchi's post I have to throw in few more words...

Kitchi - what, on mother earth, makes you think that you are a bad player? FFS... I can't disagree with you more here. No offence my friend but this is bull shit! Story end of! Your crowd control is always there (sap, blind, etc) and in all instances we've been into you were usually TOP DPS! I posted my meter readings on many ocassions and you were usually 1st or 2nd and if you were 2nd it was usually when you were lower lvl then rest of us.

Now please tell me what makes you think you're bad player as I can't get my head around it... I hope you were just kidding here. Heh, I can only take is as a joke when one of the best DPSs tells me he's a bad player Very Happy You got me there...

Rogues deal great damage, have very usefull cc (I love sap as it stays on mobs for long), can sneak around to check what's around the corner... What else do you expect from your class? You kick ass in instances big time Very Happy

Ok, that's one thing I wanted to say.

Second thing is that now I feel guilty. I feel guilty because myself and Nahi (but I speak for myself only here) focused too much on catching up with all you lvl70 lads over last week or two and we don't participate in instance runs with the rest of you as we used to before Sad I can understand where's Kitchi coming from... I was trying to get away from instance runs over last week to get this few more xp bars filled in when questing but it didn't make any good at the end... You see - that's what you get when you focus too much on leveling speed.

I think we should get to instances more often together and partially it's my fault that we didn't go in there recently or at least that's how I feel. What do you say for Mana Tombs or Auchidon (spelling?) later on tonight or tomorrow? Smile And next week me and Nahi should be both 70 so take your pick for some end game stuff Twisted Evil
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:21 am

HEhe nothing before thursday for me!!! Very Happy But if you have a group go ahead and now Buc is tank again so you shouldnt have any trouble.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Soedn Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:36 am

Too bad that you're spending less time ingame, even tho I totally and completely understand how you feel. I hope that you sort out your hobby issue and come back to us with new force to our little wow community. Wink Loosing you would be a big loss tbh.

As for Buc, I'm up for Sethekk Halls tonight if you wanna come? I'm gonna do a run in there tonight anyway for my new sweet polearm. Wink
Soedn
Soedn

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:25 am

Soedn wrote:
As for Buc, I'm up for Sethekk Halls tonight if you wanna come? I'm gonna do a run in there tonight anyway for my new sweet polearm. Wink

I don't mind which instance we are going into as long as it's not lvl70 one Razz I might be bit late online tonight as I need to do some shopping but I hope we will manage to put some group together Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:26 pm

All this instance talk makes me want to heal.. Razz Time to plant mana spring totem, flametongue totem, enhance my weapon with 2x earthliving and spam lesser healing wave for a few hours lol!

On a much more serious note I'm going to level up as elemental when I catch up a bit, maybe around 65+ or so. As soon as I get my hands on some caster gear (thank god it's the same for healers and caster DPS now!) I can just switch between specs and always be ready to heal that way. Smile If we're able to do a lot of instance, I'll just stay resto and level up that way. Smile
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiderspy Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:56 am

AAARGH! people! people! linebreaks pleeease! ^^

Cry how could you do this against "ME" Nyc!? doing these crazy stuff when i don't have a chance to comment^^(no internet :/ )

/jk off Razz

Ah i understand but don't forget what the meaning with this guild was... it was ment for super casuals!^^

1. We wont probly do any real endgame in tbc
2. We will focus on wotlk more
3. We don't have to throw away a lot of time^^ heck i'm not lvl 70 yet even Razz
4. Just don't leave us mate!^^ because great guildies like these will become like a small family for some at least in time^^
5. About the fatty thingy do as i do run a mile in the weekend + situps and pullups and all that stuff for 40min or so i stay fit as ever! Razz
6. Don't let wow take over you! Wink
Spiderspy
Spiderspy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next