Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raiding time

+3
Silahco
Teshija
Leannah
7 posters

Go down

Raiding time Empty Raiding time

Post  Leannah Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:15 am

I knowe we have hade this discusion many of time but i thought i post a new thred posting some of my thoghts and hopfuly you join in as well.

First of all this is not ment to discus this weeks raiding time or ment as any critic on the change of the raiding time...Smile i hope you all undrestand that... I love you

So i knowe we all have a lot to do and making time is not easy espacialy for you guys that have familys. But what i want to take up now is the consept of qualaty game time. Sure we all play alot and sometime its hard to deffend that to our family and friends. But as for me i try to put it like this to my friends. I got time to do what ever whene ever exept at saturday morrning couse that is raidtime. And they knowe that and we can work around that as for instent i have a regular beach volyboll game on sunday morning and writing class on thuseday evening its a part of who i am....Smile. But the rest of my time are theres and i gladly join in whatever acctivaty that comes along.
What im trying to say is, i aim at qualaty gaming time not quantaty and this way i dont feel bad choosing gaming before other stuff some of the time. This type of prioratising a weekly game time i think is crusal for succsaful raiding...Smile
What i find hard to do is penseling in the whole weekend cause it might be some raid going on that is frustaiting for me and my loved ones and i dont like having to put them in that situation.

Saying this, i ofc knowe that we all have different situations and that we all are trying there hardest to make this work and ther is DEFELENTLY NO CRITIC in this post. I only want to chare my thoughts and hope you do the same so we might increas out qualaty gametime.

Another thing, as i mentiond i dont have any trouble playing most of the time as long as i can schedual (maybe not saturday evenings for me) it. We have had saturday morrning as a regular gaming time so far i dont knowe if this is good for most of use or not and i dont mind changing it if it suits some of you better...Smile. So my thought are this , All think hard what time in the week you most likely can comit to a raid and how long maybe 2-4 hours and if that is hard we can make maybee several smaler comitments.

So to sumerise my opponion i can play most of the time (Exept maybe saturday evening) but i prefer saturday morning or sunday morning/day as long as i can schedual it in edvanse and the best thing would be a weekly regular time.....Smile

Again i hope noone missreade this post as critic or a trifleing of your IRL.... I love you I love you . Im just consern this might lead to a problem where some might feel that wow is taking upp more and more time when it accualy dont have to if we just priorites one time and stick to it ("qualaty gametime"). The other thing is that pepoul get board for the lack of progress and leave the guild or wow all thougheter.

Hope ti hear your thoughts...Smile

love

/Lea
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Raiding time Empty Re: Raiding time

Post  Teshija Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:32 am

Well yea! I got you there and agree with you in most of the lines.

Of all the day/times combinations I can think off that can be good and usually the safest for me is sunday afternoon/evenings! This is the reason why. Maybe you guys have it differently dont know (maybe its general or maybe its just local culture/customs stuff).
Sunday afternoons are always the most boring times in Croatia. Most of the folks have done all their duties/hangout with friends/homworks and othe misc stuff by then. So most of us are just hanging around the house getting that last rest before onset of new working or school week. But just as all I can shift around when needed, this week is ugly couse of the birthday, party friends etc,.....

BUT I think its not the raiding time itself it is how much it take us actualy. There is no point of getting fixed times yet and me and Buc promising wives it will be 3 hours top and then it streches and it sterches and we carry it on to another day.
We realy need to maximise our time/benefit raidtime! We had nice practice yestrday 2 of the hardest HCs in one hour no wipes! Thats sign of progress guys. Now we only need to put it to raids.

the problem is with me (at least I look at it that way) that there would be no problem if I said look dear family/friends Ill be tied up for 3 hours at that time but then I am yours! It streches on and on. We need to put stop to slacking about. Even think we could have downed 4 horsmen on second try we need to focus more!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:09 am

I also agree.

As for quantity time raiding I think when we decide on raid times for future runs everyone that want to come should have signed up before hand and that we know which players we need to pug before the raid. A couple of times we got on for a 11am run just having to find more players and only ending up starting much later that 11. Everyone should be at naxx before 11 aswell so we can start on time. AFK's need to be minimal.

Most of our gear have increased a lot since we started naxx and we know the strats so there should be no real reason for not doing faster pulls on the stuff we already know, the new bosses we still have to learn will take time and that is understandable. I like the idea below of maybe commiting to a few smaller runs and it should be easy for us to set up a hour or two run a week and do plague en spider wings or other areas we already have under the belt and maybe another bigger raid day to work on the new content. but we need definte starting times and cut off times so we don't carry on and on.

As for me i'm on most times during the week mon - thur from around 6 server time, so weekdays will suit me much to raid than weekends. Fridays i'm not online except maybe very late at night. Saterday mornings works ok for me although it would have been nice if we could have started earlier. 11 am is 12 o clock for me so that means the morning is wasted cause i can't do much till raid start and then with a 4 hour run means that afternoon is gone.
I have arranged with my girlfriend that saterday mornings are raid days for now, unless we have something specific planned for that day. I don't see her during the week so if we raid saterdays the whole day and sundays I feel it unfair towards here that I don't spend time with her. atm sundays are pretty much out for me in the evenings I have church and then to just drop off girl and rush home to make a raid is not gonna work for me.

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:45 am

Yup, lets get a raid time that suits the majority and stick to it.

All we gota do is put down day and time - Simple.

So by next friday i can assume we have a list of people's day + times? Raiding time 625610
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:59 am

First of all realy good responses so far i think we can start to work somthing out from this....Smile

The cut of time is defelently a good ide, And i alsaw liket the ide of maybee clear spider and plauge (at least for now) during the weekend. Faster pulls and NO AFK time is also a good ide if you need to run to the lavetory we can do so whiles the rest are clearing mobs.

I guess we have to Raiding time 843730 out the gametime later but from what i heard this far saturday morning seems to work if we put a cutoff time on it. i can alsaw start mutch erlier (sins im a morning person...Smile) but i guess that is mostly up to our friends in the west sins they are 1 h before server time if im not misstaken. Anyhow im sure a compremise can be made....Smile

Plz make your voices heard on this subjekt sins i dont want to steam roll over anyone dictating gametime....Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:58 am

Plz make your voices heard on this subjekt sins i dont want to steam roll over anyone dictating gametime....Smile

If people can't be arsed to use the forums, then desicions will be made for them....or atleast for the greater good.

My desired day/time? Any day/time!
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:24 am

Akaris wrote:

If people can't be arsed to use the forums, then desicions will be made for them....or atleast for the greater good.

ahhhh your always at my back......... Very Happy ....... wait whats that knife your holding.... Suspect .....

...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:31 am

Leanah1 wrote:
Akaris wrote:

ahhhh your always at my back......... Very Happy ....... wait whats that knife your holding.... Suspect .....

...Smile

hehe Raiding time 342285
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:27 am

Best time for me to raid would be late afternoon/evening over the weekend. We usually have some stuff to do earlier on and this 11am raiding is a bit in a way Razz BUT! This doesn't mean I'll be able to attend raids every weekend Smile Sometimes we visit our friends and sometimes they come to us (usually on Saturday afternoon/evening) so it may happend I won't be able to come no matter what time we pick and I belive it's the same with everyone else Razz
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:01 am

My usual playtime is from 5.00-5.30 pm forward (server time), so that's the perfect time for me to raid. The mornings are kind of annoying for me, that's when I'd just rather sit down and play guitar/listen to music and other stuff like that. Besides I always have to go eat in the middle of the run and there's not much we can do about that, so it always results in a big break.

So the best time for me would be evenings as long as we'd be done at around 10pm server time.
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:47 am

Good it locks like we are getting somewhere....Smile

I agree as well ofc we cant play all the time nor should we expect pepoul to do that...Smile

Ok as i see it so far its many "bids" on the raid time but saturday midday might sound as a compremise (you can do stuff in the morning but alsaw have the evening free). But if this time is gona work we need some kind of cutoff time. My suggestion is this (or rather i think one of you posted it earlier but i dont remember who) we split the raid in 2 parts whit about 2-3 h / time. one could be midday saturday say 2-5 or 3-6 pm and the other one weekday evening say 8-11 pm servertime. On the week we can clear the easie parts farming and so. this way the not that well geard charecter might have the chanse to farm and on during the week but on the weekend we Raiding time 843730 out the hard stuff and new booses and this is the elite "main" charecters evening....Smile

This is just an suggestion and i like your thoughts.....Smile

Well exept maybee Tesh cause we all knowe what they are "Pinguin where Pinguin..... smash Pinguin ......you Pinguin, me smash you.... you not feel like Pinguin, Pinguin bounsey like rubber boll..... hihi funny .... bounsey..bounsey..bounsey..bounsey"..... I love you I love you I love you

Plz dont kick me ill be good, il be good .....from now on..... Raiding time 738831
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:51 am

Ok guys in all seriousness here now please avoid walls of text here in the future.

First I would like to say we all worked really hard to get where we are ATM. We need to get ourselves a fixed raiding time which will work for all (odd excepsions like birthday, parties, etc will always be understandable. Now as I see it some people prefer evenings over mornings (mornings will be off with me as well son since better weather is coming and I have made a solemn oath to my beer belly Ill take him mountain climbing again like we did in old times).
Besides I enjoy playing with every single one of you and I have trouble saying we go at mornings; sorry BUc better luck next time) or to Sil, sorry m8 we go in the evenings better luck next time! I want to work it out so we can all go together as we should go! With least possible amounts of PUGS.

So as far as this I can work around my time and adapt to almost anything except tuesday.
I am could be free for raids work days from 19 PM server to be on the safe arrivall time. Weekend I can still work around with, so far. Post your times please. Keep it short and concise like this so we can get what each other time tables look like!

Can go:
Weekdays: all except tuesday from 7 pm to 11!
Weekends: pretty much anytime just need to know in advance!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:08 am

Weekdays: everyday 8.30pm-10.30pm server time if I know the day in advance. This may extend by 30min-1h if we decide to raid on a particular day so let's say on raid days 8.30-11.30 server but again - need to know in advance.

Weekends: late afternoon/evening 7pm-11pm or 8pm-midnight (server). Morning/early afternoon is in 95% cases a no-go for me anymore (too much IRL stuff in a way especially now when weather is getting better)
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Twila Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:08 am

On weekdays I am usually online after 8pm, give or take half an hour (with exceptions ofc)
On weekends I prefer raiding in the evening, especially now that the weather is getting better.
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:12 am

OK we are getting somwhere - weekday/weekend evenings look most promising so far. Keep it up.

Fair weather and lots of sunshine is to blame Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:44 am

Weekdays: Mon to Thurs from around 18:00 server time till at the latest around 12pm server time. Friday evenings is also a no go for me.

Weekends: Saterday mornings from 8:00 server time till around 14:00 server time, saterday evenings are out for me, but if it suits most people don't let me hold the raid back Smile . Sundays only after 20:30 to be safe.

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:56 am

Well now we are look promising looks like sunday evenings or one of the weekday evenings. The point is that when we have it on farm we will be much faster about it 3 or 4 hours of game time will be just enough to clear it all.

Also I dont want anybody to be left behind so we are looking for optimal times for us! Keep it up.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:04 am

Well Weekdays after 18.00 servertime if i knowe in advanse
Weekend - Anytime realy exept saturday evening about 50% of the time (I have some friend that i can only meet this time due to jobbs and other stuff), Sunday morning is not preferd but it might vary depending on what time i have my match ill be gone about 2,5 hours.
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down