Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raiding Team

4 posters

Go down

Raiding Team Empty Raiding Team

Post  Buculus Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:05 am

Folks,

We have decided to put some minimum requirements to make our raids smoother and faster and to help you set your goals in gearing up, working on specs and rotations to get yourself a spot in a raiding team. We had several problems in raids with too low dps, lack of healing or undergeared tanks. This post is not here to point fingers at anyone. I belive we all want to raid and raiding should be fun Smile Wipe fests are not fun hence we decided to put some requirements here which will help us to progress through WotLK raids.

Please take it as a guidelines only and if you are there and there about with your stats/dps please feel free to apply for a raid but if, for example, your dps is 1k below requirements please go to Leannah's topic about gearing up/rotations/spec and Beregen topic about hit rating to see how can you improve to get where we would like you to be Smile

We would also like to mention that low level raids like Naxxramas, Eye of Eternity and Obsidian Sanctum will not be planned or scheduled. We will arrange some runs if there will be enough people interested in achievements but with ToC HC loot and Emblems of Conquest dropping from HCs there's no need to farm Naxxramas as you can get better loot from ToC HC and buy T8.5 gear for emblems. Please keep in mind that Naxxramas 10 man will drop only ilvl200 so tier 7 items. You can get T8.5 by rafming HCs (emblems) and ToC HC has higher ilvl than Naxxramas at this stage so apart from achievements and maybe fun we consider Naxxramas as a waste of raiding time Smile

Trial of the Crusader, Ulduar, Onyxia's Lair and Vault of Archavon are the only high level raids which will be scheduled and run at the moment. VoA has new boss with enrage timer who requires high dps and good healing and geared tanks now.

Our requirements for high level raids are as follows:

Ulduar:

Main Tank:
  • Hit Points: 31,000 or higher (unbuffed)

• Defense capped (over 540)

• Hit capped or close to cap (please check Beregen thread for information)

• Some expertise stacked (we don't expect you to be expertise capped)

• Good avoidances (for example for warrior tanks combined avoidances should exceed 60%)

• Damage reducton by armor around 58%

Off Tank:
  • Hit Points: 29,000 or higher (unbuffed)

• Good avoidances (for example for warrior tanks combined avoidances should exceed 60%)

• Damage reducton by armor around 55%

DPS (both melee and ranged):
  • DPS: 2.3-2.6k DPS self buffed on a lvl?? single target raid boss dummy

• Hit capped (please check Beregen thread for information)

Healer:
  • Spell Power: 2.0-2.2k self buffed

• Mana pool over 17,000 unbuffed

• Mana efficiency is to complex to cover under one requirement so please be realistic and think if you can survive long boss fights mana wise

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Onyxia's Lair, Vault of Archavon and Trial of the Crusader:

Main Tank:
  • Hit Points: 33,000 or higher (unbuffed)

• Good avoidances (for example for warrior tanks combined avoidances should exceed 64%)

• Damage reducton by armor over 60%

Off Tank:
  • Hit Points: 30,000 or higher (unbuffed)

• Damage reducton by armor around 58%

DPS (both melee and ranged):
  • DPS: 2.5-3.0k DPS (and more) self buffed on a lvl?? single target raid boss dummy

• Hit capped (please check Beregen thread for information)

Healer:
  • Spell Power: 2.2-2.5k self buffed

• Mana pool 19,000 unbuffed

• Mana efficiency is to complex to cover under one requirement so please be realistic and think if you can survive long boss fights mana wise

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

If you are not sure wheather you are close enough to the requirements please talk to us before signing up for a raid Smile

This thread here is to explain why some people might be overlooked when picking people for progress raids. We are casual and we want to have fun and we would love to get everyone on board but as our raiding time is limited we would like it to be as efficient as possible. If you are at 1.5k DPS and apply for a progress raid then taking you might mean wipe fests for a whole evening and no progress at all. By this thread we would like to let you all know that we want you to join us in progress raids but at the same time we expect you to value our time and effort and prepare yourself accordingly.

It is your responsibility to gear up and improve your spec and rotation and we will be here to help you if needed Smile

Please feel free to comment here if you find some of the requirements over the top or if you have any other questions regarding raiding team.
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Raiding Team Empty Re: Raiding Team

Post  Serjo Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:05 am

Right move, Sir!

I only think that yuo overestimated gear requirements on Onyxia, but that's only my (probably wrong) thoughts.
All in all Onyxia is just about having enough ranged to speed up transition from phase 2 to phase 3. If ppl get caught in a Breath or get Tail-Bumped into the cave and spawn eggs, well that's not gear's fault Smile.

A shaman (tremor totem) and/or a priest (fear ward on tank) should solve any prob phase 3 handles to raid.

Have yuo alla great time!

Serjo

Serjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:32 am

Serjo wrote:Right move, Sir!

I only think that yuo overestimated gear requirements on Onyxia, but that's only my (probably wrong) thoughts.
All in all Onyxia is just about having enough ranged to speed up transition from phase 2 to phase 3. If ppl get caught in a Breath or get Tail-Bumped into the cave and spawn eggs, well that's not gear's fault Smile.

A shaman (tremor totem) and/or a priest (fear ward on tank) should solve any prob phase 3 handles to raid.

Have yuo alla great time!

Serjo

Do you mean for all roles or some particular one? Tanks get heavy beating there and you need really good 3 ranged dpss to nuke Onyxia in P3 and very high 2 melee DPSs to burn down big adds coming into the cave asap as they hit hard and if you won't kill one before other comes in then tank and his healer will have some hard time...

Maybe we slightly overestimated healers part - we could try and see how it works with slightly lower geared healers in group but on tanks and DPSs I think it's neccessary minimum here Smile

Thanks for your thoughts and let us know wheather you think it was overall or just one particular group (healers/tanks/dpss)
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:45 am

Agree whit you bouth here We might have less geard healers but The DPS and tanks need to be pretty well geard...Smile

But again i think its not a question of gear as mutch as Spec and rotaition...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serjo Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:40 am

Buculus wrote:Do you mean for all roles or some particular one?
Maybe we slightly overestimated healers part - we could try and see how it works with slightly lower geared healers in group but on tanks and DPSs I think it's neccessary minimum here Smile

Thanks for your thoughts and let us know wheather you think it was overall or just one particular group (healers/tanks/dpss)

I was specially referring to healers', just because at Onyxia's Lair there isn't big raid damage. In phase 1 and 3 it's all about healing Tank(s) while in phase 2 fire spits do negligible damage to raid (nothing a decent, but not necessarily overgeared) healer couldn't handle and ppl should avoid Breath anyway (noone can survive it if caught right in Smile.
I can say that on my Serjo's healing PoV and yuo know that he is Tier 7-7,5 geared in his healing gear.
I can't say nothing about Tank's PoV cause Grandetoro is going to ding 80 tonight (hopefully Smile
On Dps (caster) side yuo are quite right: if DPS isn't on par adds and length of the fight can be a big problem. On the other hand, tho, a Tier 7-7.5 decked DPSer should be able to push the required DPS, imho.
My thoughts is this: i state Onyxia on a lower grade of difficuty if comparing to Uludar, since the mechanics of the fight is much easier, with no movements required but in P2 and then DPSing and healing easier as well.

TY for reading up to this point .-)

Have you alla great time!

Serjo

Serjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:47 am

Thank you for your thoughts Serjo Smile As I mentioned all comments are welcome. What we can do is to take some less geared healers and see how it goes Smile Those requirements are not set in stone and if someone feels up to the task we will surely give him a chance to proove himself Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:18 pm

The raid healing part in onyxia actually depends on how many melee you have.. If you have a lot of melee dps there will also be need of more raid healing due to the big adds' AOE damage.. But yes I get your point as well, Serjo Smile
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serjo Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:11 am

Grandetoro stats atm are:
HP: 31k unbuffed
Def: 545
Expertixe: 28 (over the "soft" cap)
Combined Avoidance (calculated with Rawr) 54.90%
Dmg reduction from armor 60.77%

Since i was able to OT Ony 10 in PUG I think these stats are enough to OT the normal raid content, maybe even TOC 10.

Just wanted to let you know in case yuo happen to need a tank Smile

Have you all a great time!

Serjo

Serjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:14 am

Good to know Serjo, thx for info Wink

Just remember to read up on Toc10 tactics before we ask you, since some of the tanking tactics in there can be a bit tricky..
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down