Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild bank

4 posters

Go down

Guild bank Empty Guild bank

Post  Leannah Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:32 am

I was looking throw the Guildbank yesterday and rearange it a bit (Hope thats OK). For one thing i throw away all the glyphs lieing there. I got mutch better ones now and if you ever need any just let me knowe...Smile

Alsaw exuse me but i most say ther was alot of rubish in there... and it lookt like it hasent been used for a while... So my question is. Are anyone using GB at al? And if not what are we going to do about it?

I knowe its hard to fill it up whit usefull stuff sins we mostly farm what we need our self whitch is understandible... And now we all are at that lvl where crafting stuff is realy expensive and we cant have anything in stock...

We could use one tab for selling stuf like pots, Scrolls, lures stuff like that. Its a bit tricky but then we need one guy checking the market nowe an then buying up sheep mats and we sell it to a fixt price. Not to make money but to get some usefull stuff in GB.

The first step could be some kind of donation to the GB by all players not mutch but if everyone give a small fix amount we can get started...Smile And if GB start to make some money we could eventualy maybee have a lotery in the guild giving away for instens an "Mechano-Hog" (I knowe that might take a looong while but it was just an exemple).

Any thoughts on the subjekt Question Question Question
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Guild bank Empty Re: Guild bank

Post  Temple Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:11 am

Ok - immediate thoughts on this form me are:

1) First and foremost - remove and vendor/AH all the crap, let's start from a clean page.

2) I think a 'tax' of some sort would be a good idea, unfortunately however in WOW (unlike a lot of other MMOs now) there's no ingame tax system, making this virtually impossible to regulate without great risk of putting people's noses out of joint. I must admit I personally always forget to make donations to the guild coffers - an automated system of some sort would be very useful for this. I'll have a look around and see if I can find something that might help. We can't be the only guild that's had this sort of issue.

3) I think the GB would be best used to stock consumables, these can include but are not necessarily restricted to:

All alchemical paraphernalia (pots, flasks etc)
Cooked Foods

Perhaps, though I'm not so sure about these things:

Herbs (Temp has a crapload of herbs that are below my skillup level, they are just sitting in his bank doing bugger all atm)
Ores/bars/gems
Leathers
Cloth
Rep hand-ins that people have excess of and don't need themselves.

I think putting armour pieces and stuff like that is a bit of a waste of space, there are too many armour/weapon requirements per class for this to be practical. Same with glyphs really.

4) I have some experience of trading on the AH, after all it's how I mostly make my own cash. I'm happy to create an alt to act as Banker/Trader for the guild. If I give it some thought I can set him up in a way that hopefully won't take up too much of my usual 'adventuring' time, I can set him up to keep an eye on prices of various thngs like herbs etc and try to snag the best bargains. In fact I could probably make him an Alchy and kill two birds with one stone - this will eventually involve needing to level him up but if I make an DK he'll not have so far to go.......

Also I don't trade in herbs on my own toons so there won't be a conflict of interests there......

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:36 am

Must admit I agree with you two.
I am slow on donations too, when I remember I put some money inside and thats about it, since I AH all my plants I dont use!
As for gear/equipment realy there is no point of greens hanging around there.
I am practicly behind Temple on mats/consumables......
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:28 am

Well if its ok for you all i still have banking clearens and i can take it on me to clear the bank from rubbish (vendor or AH).

Another thing i was thinking of is that we have a realy generus approch to the GB whits might not be as good as it sounds. Sins everything is free we (or at least i) can feel a bit gready taking stuff from GB...Smile But if we sell stuff pepoul i think will be more incliend to take/Buy it. And this way we can have a small supply of Embroidery, Pots, Elixir, Flask, Scrolls, Armor kits (the list is long and i think you all knowe what your proff has to offer) made from GB mats. Not always alot sins Embroidery and armor kits can be expensive but maybee one or two that can be replayest when it is bought. This because sometime you might get a new par of pants gloves etc that you want to embroid/kit.
This might not be exremly nessesery but its a fun way to breed some life in to the GB. I guess you all have ideas on wht you can do whit your Proff but i think we shall not have a real large stock (Exept maybee pots and elixers) maybee one or two things that can be replayest whene its bought

One problem is ofc where we can in game post a price list for the stuff we sell and a place where pepoul can say what mats they need and therfor should be bought in (this later could ofc be made in here)?

Regarding the fee i talkt about i was only thinking of a one time fee after that its my hope that the GB will be self suffisent.
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:54 am

Thinking a lot on this topic......
Look, we have free access and that is what it is free and no one should feel greedy when taking things out. Those things are there for that reason exactly Exclamation
However GB is sadly used to put inside junk we dont realy need anymore and they are practicly low profit on AH! And most of that stuff is leveling stuff anyhow. Realy good boost we got from there were tons of Leas glyphs we all used and there are still tons inside...
So think that now we should look things from lvl 80 perspective.... since GB has been left out in leveling perspective if you get my drift!
We have 2 tabs as it is now. I would like to keep first one for random stuff as was for now... But I would like to return that old practice we had once it fills up vendor/ah all that stuff. If it is still there means no one wants it. End of story!
But for second tab, I have an idea but it will require time/effort from all of us who feel up to it. One or max 2 times a week think it would be good to make guild farming groups. They should have herbalist/alchemist miner, skinner, cook, fisherman and scribe (think we only have Lea for it). So if and when we have time 2 or more of us can go on a farming spree. All useful mats from those trips + money we make from it after repairs i would put in GB. Alchemist and scribe can make useful pots and flasks on the go, cooks would be able to cook and prepare food. All the eccess mats primals/cloth/fish, flowers,metal,..... would be safe in GB tab 2. The idea is mainly to make stash for raids so we dont have to get lost and ask and make everything in the last second and more often then not come without useful buffs on raids! The consumable stash will be then used to distribute among guild raid members, and mats could be used to make something guildies can use new weapon, leatherworking enhancments, enchanting mats.... And when it fills out we just vendor the excess and put money in GB. Think this would boost GB immensly + would be nice for guild fun-events! And we can duel along the way Very Happy
Second Tab would be used for high lvl stuff only!!
What do you guys think on this!

Lea feel free to go through GB and kill out all the stuff you think its uselles. 90% of things are usless there IMO Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:12 am

I agree whit you on this Tes whit the only addation that we dont make stuff like glyphs and other none consumable stuff. For this we just save the mats so that it can be made on demand. Scrolls, pots, flask, foods, elixir ..etc. We can make a stock of....Smile.
However i still think some kind of fee for the stuff whould be good maybee just to cover the vendor mats and maybee a litle somthing to keep the gold amount in the GB in a slightly groving ratio so that we can whenever nessasery buy stuff from AH whitout donation or a weekly fee of some sort...Smile

Thx Tes i will clear the GB and set up a banker and se what we get...Smile 3 things on this however

1/ take all and i meen ALL you want from GB i meen go nuts loot away loot untill you feel so embarest that you have to take a shower....Smile

2/ ill save the geres that left for DE (Sins they cost alot to AH and they sell inconsequntly)

3/ My maine goel is to clear the GB not make money and i dont have time to hagel the price on every thing so ill try to AH stuff i think will sell and vendor the rest.

I will ofc not take it all away some nice gems and pots will still be there but dont count on anything beeing left if you think it should be spaired "LOTE IT".

I will do this in the end of the weekend so you guys have time to lote and alsaw post her if you think i shouldent go throw whit it ...Smile It will defelently not be any hard feelings from me if you think im beeing to harsh whit our GB so to say...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:49 am

Leanah1 wrote:Well if its ok for you all i still have banking clearens and i can take it on me to clear the bank from rubbish (vendor or AH).

Another thing i was thinking of is that we have a realy generus approch to the GB whits might not be as good as it sounds. Sins everything is free we (or at least i) can feel a bit gready taking stuff from GB...Smile But if we sell stuff pepoul i think will be more incliend to take/Buy it. And this way we can have a small supply of Embroidery, Pots, Elixir, Flask, Scrolls, Armor kits (the list is long and i think you all knowe what your proff has to offer) made from GB mats. Not always alot sins Embroidery and armor kits can be expensive but maybee one or two that can be replayest when it is bought. This because sometime you might get a new par of pants gloves etc that you want to embroid/kit.
This might not be exremly nessesery but its a fun way to breed some life in to the GB. I guess you all have ideas on wht you can do whit your Proff but i think we shall not have a real large stock (Exept maybee pots and elixers) maybee one or two things that can be replayest whene its bought

One problem is ofc where we can in game post a price list for the stuff we sell and a place where pepoul can say what mats they need and therfor should be bought in (this later could ofc be made in here)?

Regarding the fee i talkt about i was only thinking of a one time fee after that its my hope that the GB will be self suffisent.

I totally agree with you on the fear of being too greedy! I rarely remember to put anything in the guild bank, so it even feels wrong to take anything from there. I can't deposit money either because I'm saving for my flying skills, mount, skills etc. Sad

I just thought of something like a "need list".... If everyone could put a list of items they need somewhere (forums, perhaps?) and crafters from our guild craft the item and put it into the guild bank where it can be picked up from, or it can be delivered directly to the 'client'. Just something that popped into my mind..
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down