Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warriors in BGs

3 posters

Go down

Warriors in BGs Empty Warriors in BGs

Post  Buculus Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:14 am

I struggle with my warrior in BGs. I got used to my hunter where I usually was at the top of the list with huge damage and loads of kills... Now I have this warrior and I usually end up at the bottom... Lack of ranged attack is a real pain and charge can be used only when not engaged in fight. Intercept has long cd...

What's the best way to play warrior in BGs? All casters and ranged classes give me hard time there. When immobilized/trapped I can do nothing but watch them firing away... And if I manage to get to them I'm usually at 50% of my HP... I know I can use trinkets (can get them already as pvp reward) but again - these have usually few min cd as well so not very useful. In berserker stance I can use ability that allows me to resist stuns and all but again - only few sec duration and cd...

So how to play warrior in BGs? I usually defend flags and report from the field spending whole time around one or two places (like yesterday for the whole AB defending Blacksmith) but it's not that much fun as it used to be on my hunter... And when I get into fight some mage will freeze me and all casters have ganking fest Razz Rogue can vanish, sprint, etc, mage can teleport, freeze, hunter can use concusive shot, intimidation, traps. What about warriors? Ok - I have hamstring and piercing howl but I need to get to them to use it (well, hamstring at least).

So what am I doing wrong? I was really missing my hunter yesterday... It was great fun to go there together but I'd like to be more useful in attack and not only in defense...
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Warriors in BGs Empty Re: Warriors in BGs

Post  Rawrrz Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:31 am

Well tbh, you dont get a decent attack until at least level 40, which sucks for warriors tbh, I mean whats your main attack? Heroic strike? uses a melee swing, uses rage and you dont get any rage back from it.
And warriors have no real CC and when they get CC themselves ya stuck pretty much ^_^
and as fury its even worse because all the pvp talents are in arms, MS, imp Intercept, second wind etc.
Just make sure you get hamstring on Very Happy
That helps alot for most classes, mages will always be hard, always freezing you in place, blinking etc.

bah think my boss is going to come and sit near me Neutral

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:48 am

So all I can do is defend? Rolling Eyes I have cc - fear Laughing But it has long cd as well and uses rage. Hamstring is not that effective as I'd like. I use thunderclap and pirecing howl more often as it's kind of AOE on multiple targets. 1vs1 when I get to mele range is different story Very Happy My axe crits for over 400 damage and I also have improved execute which uses only 10 rage and gives me over 600 damage with crit Twisted Evil I just need more agi and crit rating gear Razz

What will I get when I hit 48-49??? I mean for pvp? Smile I'm fury specced Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rawrrz Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:11 am

That fear doesnt really count Razz
its like 3min CD if i remember and if you have that many players on you the only thing it can do is maybe give you abit more time to get a player down Very Happy
Though saying that it can be useful, getting close to a hunter as hes kiting you, fear to allow you to catch up, also (think this still works) if you notice when you fear, the player/mob your targeting when fearing once they take dmg the fear stops, if (say its a hunter) target the pet then fear, then attack the hunter and the hunter will stay feared through the damage, hope that makes sense.

also good time to use the fear is when a mage is close and he frost novas you, he will normally try and get some distand away from you, or sit just out of your range and charge up some frostbolts/fireballs, use fear then so hes feared while your frozen.

if you get the charge on someone, or whatever the first attack you want to do is Hamstring, pretty much no matter what class it is because any class is hurt by been slowed, some more than others, it allows you to stay closer to the target and stops them from getting away so easy.

well at high level, levle 40min if you have all points in fury (which you dont Razz) you get bloodthirst which is a instant attack based on your attack power, and heals you alittle for the next 5 hits you do.

Though fury really isnt a pvp talent tree, its main uses are for leveling, Duel wield leveling is prob the best way to level a warrior and then PvE raid dps (though arms now seem to be liked more because of blood frenzy atm, thats what they need to sort out for WotLK Twisted Evil )

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:21 am

Yeah, when I fear and hit player which was not my target when I used fear I can beat the crap out of him without breaking fear Laughing It's just this long cd... When you run from one pack to another you just don't have enough bilities to slow them down. Piercing howl lasts only few s. I use hamstring first thing after charge/intercept then piercing howl/thunder clap and few swings Laughing I just need to work my way around it Very Happy I'd love to have some heavy gun with massive dmg Razz
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rawrrz Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:29 am

lol a range weapon wont provide much help Razz
I think when piercing howl is used it might overwrite hamstring on the target becuase they are the same kinda thing, cept hamstrings for one target :<

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:00 am

You might be righ - couldnt remeber which one overwrites the other Smile I was thinking about thunderclap/hamstring/piercing howl and knew that two of them won't work together Very Happy
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rawrrz Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:12 am

Hehe Very Happy
yeah I think Hamstring and piercing howl overwrite each other.

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:51 am

I still miss my hunter... Razz Leveling was piece of cake (we were running together with Nahi) and loads of fun. BGs were ace too Very Happy I need to get use to different playstyle Smile I'm not too good as a tank and don't have proper weapons for dps Razz I'm still thinking about leveling my Harkan as a dps Very Happy
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rawrrz Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:48 am

Hehe awesome, ive never really played a hunter and they dont appeal to me ^_^
love my warrior though Razz
bash bash fury Very Happy

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:06 pm

You should hunt for warlocks especially as berserker rage makes you immune to fear Very Happy For me they usually just panic and try to spam fear Razz charge -> spamstring is a nice way to keep in range, as was said earlier. Another thing to follow healers if there are any nearby. If you have a healer, you pretty much become an unstoppable killing machine that spreads fear and destruction and makes your enemies cry and slit their wrists Twisted Evil In other words spam and bully Spiderspy to come and heal you!

From some warrior tricks topic I read a long time ago:

-When you use intimidating shout, target another player (or a hunter pet, for example) so the player you're fighting won't get out of fear right away.

-Run around in either defensive stance (helps survive rogues and druids who attack you) or berserker stance (you can pop berserker rage to get out of sap) and switch to battle stance just as you're going to charge
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down