Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great mind think alike or sleep depravaty gives crasy ideas...:)

+6
Shanla
Temple
Buculus
Berg
Silahco
Leannah
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Great mind think alike or sleep depravaty gives crasy ideas...:) Empty Great mind think alike or sleep depravaty gives crasy ideas...:)

Post  Leannah Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:18 am

Well her it is Me, Per and Sil where talking this morrning a bit about the good old days leveling low lvl characters and the fun we hade whene we started out. Not that we are not having fun now...Smile More in the way of the joy of getting that first netherwever bag...Smile. Although many of use are lvl alts its more ore less consist of grinding or Boosting them up to high lvl as fast as posible. You knowe where to lvl and its more or less rotine....Smile

Now to our idea. We where thinking how about starting a DR (Ally) on another server where we all can lvl up new chares thogheter in new surroundings (at least for some of use). Bare in mind though that this is absolutly not an abandonment of our Hord side That i think will still be the main DR...Smile This is just so we can try playing ally thogheter...Smile sins i cant imagin playing whitout you mates...Smile

Any how the discusion is open and i love to here what you mates think...Smile. If we do this we have to deside about a realm i suggest "Terokkar" sins i have some IRL mates there but that is not a dealbraker for me...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Great mind think alike or sleep depravaty gives crasy ideas...:) Empty Re: Great mind think alike or sleep depravaty gives crasy ideas...:)

Post  Silahco Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:33 am

Well like we discussed this morning I'm up for it. Always wanted to try ally but my horde heart keeps me going back to them. It will be nice to experience things from the other side aswell.

Now to decide which class to pick...

As for the server that does not really matter as long as it is more or less on the same time zone. Oh and i would prefer a pvp server than a normal one but it does not really matter. the idea of getting ganked around every bush makes it so much nicer :-)

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Great mind think alike or sleep depravaty gives crasy ideas...:) Empty Re: Great mind think alike or sleep depravaty gives crasy ideas...:)

Post  Berg Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:05 am

TBH I don't really know how much I would be playing on an ally character.. I've also tried starting out as ally on other servers, but as Silahco says I also always return to my Horde characters.. The highest I've went as ally is a lvl 6 pala on Silvermoon i think.. Smile

However I know that both Supul and Høeg have some high levels on the Shadowsong server. Not sure if you even want it at all, but if so they could probably help a little with boosts.
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:22 am

Sounds like some plan Razz I don't have too much time recently to play but I'd join if we decide to try it out.

I have my old ally guild with bank tab on Ravenholdt realm (RPPvP). At the moment it's 1 toon guild Razz It was basically only me, Nahi and Kitchi there back in the days when we were playing allys. I have lvl47 hunter and lvl32 pally there and ca. 1k gold to start with. Nahi has a hunter lvl47 as well. Name of the guild is 'Lost in time' (not very impressive, I know...) and my ally toon is Buculus as well (my pally is Turok) Razz

If you think it might be any good we could start from there unless you want fully 'fresh' stat with empty pockets Razz Battlegroup on this server was quite good from what I remember.

Ofc I can't see myself turning to ally side for good but I guess we could have some fun there between raids Wink
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:25 am

Sweet...Smile Lets see here many answers...Smile

Yeah i think PvP is more fun to but i think Terokkar is Normal ...Sad But my vote is still on Terokkar..Smile. however as i said before that is not a deal breaker so if you all want to choose a PvP server then its np for me...Smile.

I alsaw have started some chare on ally now and again but always returnd sins its no fun playing alone but if we all chose one server then i think it will be more fun. My thoughts where accactly like Buc...Smile im always gona be "hord" to the core and this would just be somthing to do between raids...Smile and some new scenori and quest might be fun...Smile and i will not look at it as power lvl, just some easy slow lvl...Smile

About the high lvl alts, ofc we can start some where there we can get boosts or have a rdy guild...Smile but i think it could be fun to start from scratch as well...Smile. How mutch dose it cost to start a guild BTW?

If we start from scratch then we can do like Sil mentiond think of some new rolls and chare to play and alsaw proffesions...Smile. I was thinking of lvl a shaman so i can be a healer...Smile. Although ofc we should play what we want...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:34 am

I have a level 70 Lock on Turalyon at the moment - if and when we decide which server to start on (I'd prefer PvP myself) I'll either start something freash or (more likely knowing me and knowing how much I miss playing him) I'l probably tfr the char across. Unless of course we start on turalyon (which isn't a PvP server).

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:00 pm

Leannah wrote: How mutch dose it cost to start a guild BTW?

To buy a charter you have to have few g i think and then 50g (or was it 10?) for tabard design? Not 100% sure. 1st bank tab costs 100 or 250g.

The reason why I offered my existing 1 toon guild Great mind think alike or sleep depravaty gives crasy ideas...:) 432787 on Ravenholdt (which is RP-PvP btw for all pvp lovers) is twofold:

1. We could have guild chat from start. Other way we will have to spend some time to grind gold, pay for sigs (if we won't have 10 people coming to join us), pay for charter, pay for tabard design and pay for first tab. This means no guild chat for some time - only whispers or party chat but with more than 5 people we'll have problem again. That's why I mentioned this realm. I could throw some starting gold to everyone's pocket as well and we could have guild with designed tabard and bank tab which means we could enjoy the game without a need to worry about gold to set up a guild especially that we'll need money for training/proffesions/repairs and so on.

2. I might not be very active over next few weeks due to my work load (and because I'll be moving home soon) and if I join you now I'll be probably left behind lvl wise. My lvl47 toon would give me some time buffer and allow to jump in later on when you are all around this lvl. I could boost you every now and then as well Smile Ofc this doesn't mean I'll go there with you and leave you alone Smile I'll probably start some lvl1 toon as well (always wanted to have rogue so I might try one now) but in case I won't be able to be there often enough to keep up with you all I'll have some higher lvl as well to jump in every now and then for chat or boosts Smile

It's just an offer Smile I'm happy to start anywhere Smile it's up to you lads.
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:19 am

Well i think we desided on a PvP server at the lest....Smile Darn im gona get gankt again sins im rubbich on PvP...Sad. But heck its only pride ...and that groves back right?...Smile.

Other then that im open for anything and what you said about your time to play Buc is true and good thinking. However i hade some thoughts about it my oven i was just woundering about

1. How dose RPPvP differ from PvP?

2. If we want can we change the name of the guild and talbard design? No offense Buc i was just hoping on some nice Voting for best name and talbard design on the forum...Smile. Or maybe we should keep the DR name and maybee only get a new talbard?

3. If we deside to start up frech i dont think 100 gold is that mutch if all start by choosing minning and we sell the ore or bars for 5 gold / stack (which is cheep). we only need 20 stacks and if we are say 10 thats 2 stacks/head...Smile. and Btw you can alsaw start a DK on another server to help grind as well...Smile

4. I will alsaw play alot less this 4 weeks sins im gona be gone most of them so i will lvl slow myself...Smile. But if we do fall behind you can maybee just transfer you char....Smile

But Again i have no objektion playing on Bucs old server i was just hoping on some from the ground up Lvl and guild building whitout boosts...Smile But again this is absolutly not a dealbraker for me...Smile. hmmmm Ravenhold is a cool sounding name tbh....

So to reitorate how many are interested so far.

Lea
Sil
Buc
Per
Bere

I see a nice new ally guild forming here... Very Happy.
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:41 am

You can't change name of the guild so we would have to start from scratch anyway Smile You can only re-design the tabard Smile

As I said before - it's just an option. Surely we could have Doomed Riders on ally side Laughing There's not much difference between PvP and RP-PvP serwer. PvP bit is the same and only thing is that some people try to RP a bit in main cities and such.

I agree that 100g is not much but I guess it would take 2-3 days for us to set it all up as you have to lvl up a bit to get out from starting zones, learn mining/skinning and get to major city to put stuff on AH Smile Again - not a biggie. We just wouldn't have guild chat for a couple of days.

Voting for name/tabard design sounds good unless we'll keep our current name and design Smile

The only thing now is to decide on the realm.
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:05 am

Leannah wrote:So to reitorate how many are interested so far.

Lea
Sil
Buc
Per
Bere

Not to sound bitchy or anything, but I wasn't really that interested.. If you decide to start out ofc I will probably make a character as well, but as said earlier I don't really know how much I will be playing on it.

If it's legal I have an idea on how you could make money for guild: Start DK's and do all the DK quests and then sell all you stuff to NPC or on AH and then transfer the money to another character before you delete the DK.
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:28 am

Bitch away mate... Laughing

Ofc there is no strings attac i just try to keep the optimisom up....Smile and find new stuff to do...Smile during this summer low so to say...Smile. In the fall i would imagin that we be back to raiding more again...Smile

I will look throw some PvP servers at random and pick one and post it here if that is ok whit everyone or if you have any sugestion on a server plz say so...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:49 am

Cash to start a guild won't be a problem - when I tfr over my 70 Ally he'll have cash on him plenty for that sort of thing no worries Smile

Personally I think we should keep the name and tabard as is, it's our identity as a group Smile

edit: Although of course we could make a variation on the theme, instead of Doomed riders we could go for Blessed Riders (being Allies and al) or something - have the same tabard design but in reverse colours.

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:03 am

and can we pleeeeeease pick a high population server Smile, or at least medium.

Realm possibilities:

Population High:

Crushridge
Grim Batol
Kazzak
Magtheridon
Sylvanas

Population Medium:

Skullcrusher
Spinebreaker
Ragnaros
Deathwing

That's not all the medium population just a sample and ones I liked the sound of.

I'm planning on playing a druid, and have my Lock ally over there too.

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Shanla Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:47 am

I'm definitely interested in it as well Smile When i first bought the game i was planning on making a NE druid, but my mates wanted to go horde so i followed them (and i'm glad i did Very Happy ) As for realm, i would prefer PvP as well, whether its RP or not doesn't really matter to me.
Shanla
Shanla

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:57 am

Think I would be in but still dont know on the time and effort ill be putting in that char
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:44 am

Sweet we are getting there....Smile. Well one is as good as any imo. However Ravenhold is allso on medium and PvP we could start a new guild whitout using Buc old and that way avoid one char transfere for Buc...Smile.

I also suggest Buc to be the GM for this guild as well.... at least untill i get powerfull enough to take power.... Suspect ....Smile. Although its your monney Temp and i for one can have you for a "groovvy" capitan as well...Smile

I like to have one last go around on this before we so to say hammer the nail in to the coffen and "Hitt this Pig"...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:22 pm

So its desided we are going to ravenhold...Smile. Buc will start a guild whit the name DR i imagen or we can do something around the lines of Temp idea...Smile i defelently liket the ide of having the same motive but different collours on the talbard...Smile.

Anyways all will ofc shose the class you like to play but i will make a shaman to heal and a warrior to tank whit although the shaman will be my "ally main"...Smile

How about the rest of you...Smile?
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zushenk Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:15 pm

I will give a Warlock or DPS warrior a go.

Zushenk

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:14 am

Well I thought a lot on what to play and narrowed it down to few bad ideas, after dissmising the initial idea to go for yet another night elf hunter on ally side.......... Actually wanted to go for a druid but as we have 2 already no point of taking in third.

First and most likley the one that will see the actual light of day is drenai Paladin, dont really now why just want to go for one class that can jump in 3 basic roles more or less, and have an itch to try Paladin tanking along the way.

Second is dwarf priest (I like dwarfs and would most likley level him as a healer) - want to see what is worst to level prot warrior or healing priest.

Wanted to go warlock too but limits are there since i dont wanna play as human (hate the animations) and dont like the little gnomes.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:51 am

I started a female human pala this morning.. already lvl 2.. hooray for me.. Smile

Would be nice to gather some ingame names in this topic.. My pala is called Bergie as in she's "Bergalicious" xD
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:03 am

I'm wondering about one thing though.. Ravenhold is not just a PVP server, but RP-PVP.. What exactly does it mean that it's Role-Playing compared to normal PVP servers?
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:19 am

Well you should have race related name or you can get reported for it for example you shouldnt name your char BRBLOL and expect youll not be offending one of those totally imersed in role of night elf druid or whatever, no life people. So, give char a normal name.

Second people like to role play there - imersing themselves in roles and telling off various stories and such that are keeping pace with WoW lore, etc.... Think that languages other then server languege is strictly forbidden in general chat, and things like that. Also there is always danger that people will ask you all kinda insane stuff and get angered if you dont respond properly. Think there is some place on wow forums where you can look up on RP realm rules, I forgot where it is but if I find it Ill post it later on.

Well for my part I know Ill stay quiet and talk only to you guys.

Never role played myself, dont find it attractive.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:26 am

Berg wrote: My pala is called Bergie as in she's "Bergalicious" xD

Hehe loving it...Smile

About the server i hope and think it wount differ that mutch from regular PvP server...Smile

The name thing is a great ide and im glad somone thought of it.... Rolling Eyes .... I think the most imortent thing her is what name Buc has on his char so we can help him sign the guild chart...Smile

I have a Drenai shaman named Dewir and a Night Elf warrior name Delargo...Smile Although i will be playing around whit differnt characters but im quite sure the Shaman will be my main and i spec her as Healer.....Yeah you all heard me Its a SHE what do you have to say about that.... Suspect
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:29 am

Teshija wrote:Well you should have race related name or you can get reported for it for example you shouldnt name your char BRBLOL and expect youll not be offending one of those totally imersed in role of night elf druid or whatever, no life people. So, give char a normal name.

Second people like to role play there - imersing themselves in roles and telling off various stories and such that are keeping pace with WoW lore, etc.... Think that languages other then server languege is strictly forbidden in general chat, and things like that. Also there is always danger that people will ask you all kinda insane stuff and get angered if you dont respond properly. Think there is some place on wow forums where you can look up on RP realm rules, I forgot where it is but if I find it Ill post it later on.

Well for my part I know Ill stay quiet and talk only to you guys.

Never role played myself, dont find it attractive.

Well In this case im accualy getting second thought about this RPG server....I dont want to add any confusion but we could chose another server in that case before we all start lvl... I would like to here from all about this before Temp move charakter and Buc start the guild...Smile. I dont perticlarly like this type of playing but its not a biggy or a dealbreaker for me....Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:30 am

Well I am not sure what of these stuff hold up in real stuff, its just some points I picked up from forums...

Buc has been there so he knows best I guess.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next