Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important - gear question!

4 posters

Go down

Important -  gear question! Empty Important - gear question!

Post  Teshija Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:04 am

Well I am back not as much as I want to be but, still. Was in Ulduar raid yestrday with you guys and it was great fun as always, learnt new tricks etc. However on the officers board (bealive it or not we keep tabs on you guys cyclops cyclops ) we noticed a bit low DPS.

NOW I AM NOT POINTING FINGERS SO PLEASE NO HARD FEELINGS Its just a gear question that we feel it should be adressed to.
Some DPS was good over 4 k, and some were about 2 k. Now problem is we had, poor ratio of good and bad. Dragging one through is cool but more that that is bad for the raid. Now if it is a gear issue please let me know if I am online and Ill drag your asses through much heroics as it is needed (I could use emblems too). ENCHANT and GEM your gear regardless of the level (ask guildies to help you here). I know there are more folks willing to help as well. We can drag 2k DPSes in ulduar but we will always hit the same wall (IMO last fight against the iron council was a bit DPS race if nothing else longer fights taxes healers more, the longer the fight the more chance well start dying off. Just so you can get a picture last night me and riath I bealive downed the dwarf boss to 40% justby tanking and one dps with interupts. While on that others didnt manage to kill the other boss; THAT can not be allowed).
IF it is not a gear problem and you have 219 gear or more then it is rotation/talents issue. Adress other players visit this forum here as well as official ones. There is no sahme in not knowing and asking.

So i would like to urge all of you get a gear check, well do a DPS check if needs be on easy 10 man raids and see to the problems. THe better we are the more fun raids will be.

Discuss please!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Important -  gear question! Empty Re: Important - gear question!

Post  Akaris Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:08 am

I know alot of people don't like showing their lack of knowledge or understanding of game mechanics on most leves. If you don't understand / haven't the time or are just plain lazy, heres a lil program you can use to do all the work for you. Don't worry its easy to use.

A word of warning though: It's basically a simulator, showing what gear/gem/talent/glyph combination works best for said fight. Remember that it will do what you ask, yet won't take into account boss encounters.

The software is safe - I've used it on Akaris to gear her up for max regen, through Naxx. It's developed by a boat load of people, including one of the top US raiding guilds.

If you need some help i can pop in game and have a look.

http://rawr.codeplex.com/

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:38 am

Yeah nice 1 Akaris i use that myself...Smile although im not sure every class can use it... scratch

Anyhow as has been said there is no chame in asking and doing great healing or damage is fun...Smile Take me for instense whene i played Lea i had a realy hard time getting up my DPS and i was bumbed down playing was no fun...Sad. I was lookt in to my frostfire spec and gave out realy bad DPS. Then i went on a 2 hour google search and came back whit my arcane spec...Smile and "BOM" i gaine 1 K DPS almost instantly...Smile this cause arcane spec was more my playing stile...Smile.

SO what i like to say is hunting gear is important but the real increas in damnge comes from playing whit your talent point and rotation...Smile. I as well can help out whit HC if needed i also need emblems for Nizzo...Smile

One last thing we have alot of knolage in guild as well that we can take use off i for instens can help whit Mage and hunter DPS spec...Smile. But finding info and specs on the internet is also real easy...Smile. Interpating it might not be... Wink
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:15 am

http://elitistjerks.com/

Believe it or not but the basis for " standard DPS spec " all tend to come from these guys - Realy useful and indeph information on specs of levels ( 5 mans / 10 mans / 25 mans ) and classes.
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:19 am

As for the gems, I decided to finally get the one last level to Jewelcrafting, so it's 450 now. I also have some tokens now so I might be able to buy a recipe or two so let me know if there's a specific gem cut you'd like and I'll buy the recipe if I can afford it. Of course I don't have any epic gems etc but if you have the mats, I'll be more than happy to do the cut for free.
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down