Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some ideas for guild events.

+2
Spiderspy
Gredeth
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Some ideas for guild events. - Page 2 Empty Re: Some ideas for guild events.

Post  Gredeth Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:45 am

When I played my priest, some low level guy wanted to duel me in a zeppelin, so after the duel started I mind controlled him and went right on the edge and teased him a bit (A, D, A, D, A, D, A, D) Very Happy:D. Didn't drop him of course. I just removed MC and did a /forfeit and he thanked me for not throwing him out Smile
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Rawrrz Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:50 am

hehe, on my rogue I use to do that, duel them while waiting for the boat and as the boat comes, sap them on the dock and /wave as the boat goes haha Very Happy

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:52 am

That's evil man Twisted Evil
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:54 am

Hahaha, you're evil Rawrrz! Very Happy I like to piss off the alliance but I'm not that evil to my fellow horde members.
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Rawrrz Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:57 am

haha xD
That was actually on my ally Very Happy
Nelf rogue Razz
Though I have a UD rogue too ;]

It was normally people that bugged me to duel etc Very Happy

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:59 am

Yeah well those people are annoying and I would've probably done the same thing in that case too. For example this pro belf paladin yesterday in crossroads... He's lvl 28 and he runs up to me and requests a duel. I mean, what's the point in fighting someone like 10 lvls below you? (Unless it's a /spit spamming alliance player ofc)
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Rawrrz Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:04 am

Yeah exactly :S
The worse is when twinks want to duel you....
Its like fuck off.

even better when you beat them though ;]

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:29 am

I just remembered one idea I got quite some time ago. A video contest Razz We would work in pairs/groups and make videos depending on the current theme (which of course changes everytime) like comedy/drama/pvp/pve etc. Smile

Fraps has a demo version which limits the recording time to 30 seconds each time but that shouldn't be a problem, it's free after all.

EDIT: And another one: The noggenfogger roulette! cheers . We go to Thunder Bluff/Thousand Needles, jump down, chug a Noggenfogger Elixir and hope for the best! The people alive move on to the next round until there's only a few alive. About the prize.. I think it would be a fun idea to be able to quit when you feel like it (this wouldn't be possible until there's only X people alive, like ~5) just like in blackjack Razz Then the prize would be divided between the people alive. If someone decides to jump once more, he gets some extra IF he lives a few seconds later tongue . This still needs some work but I'd like to hear your opinions Smile
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:42 am

Bump so people see there's something new here Rolling Eyes
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:54 am

Tuhnu wrote:I just remembered one idea I got quite some time ago. A video contest Razz We would work in pairs/groups and make videos depending on the current theme (which of course changes everytime) like comedy/drama/pvp/pve etc. Smile

Fraps has a demo version which limits the recording time to 30 seconds each time but that shouldn't be a problem, it's free after all.

EDIT: And another one: The noggenfogger roulette! cheers . We go to Thunder Bluff/Thousand Needles, jump down, chug a Noggenfogger Elixir and hope for the best! The people alive move on to the next round until there's only a few alive. About the prize.. I think it would be a fun idea to be able to quit when you feel like it (this wouldn't be possible until there's only X people alive, like ~5) just like in blackjack Razz Then the prize would be divided between the people alive. If someone decides to jump once more, he gets some extra IF he lives a few seconds later tongue . This still needs some work but I'd like to hear your opinions Smile

These two sound good.
Though Im sceptical well manage to gather enough people to pull it off. albino
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:19 pm

I thought about the dueling tournament a bit and came up with some rules:

-Duels start with the participants 20 yards away from each other
-No healing or mana potions
-Only self buffs
-No abilities or items with over 10 minutes cooldown
-Some reasonable level difference, maybe 3 or 4? This won't be a problem when people start dinging 70 Smile
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiderspy Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:27 pm

um... why no healing?... i mean coman a lot classes are based on healing more or less... and some classes can't heal so it would't be fair...
Spiderspy
Spiderspy

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:57 pm

Well that would mean that you can only use healing potions if you're a class that cannot heal, fighting a class that can heal. Shocked Alright, sounds reasonable.

EDIT: On the other hand, here's a little something to think: I dueled my friend's moonkin druid with my rogue pretty soon after dinging 70. The gear difference was pretty huge, he having almost full s2 healing set and I had the season 2 main hand weapon.. I used the usual 20/0/41 shadowstep build and he was a restokin (don't know exact spec). We had maybe 3 or 4 duels and I won once. The fights that I lost lasted for at least three minutes each and I didn't use all cooldowns for all fights. If I used vanish in duel #1, it wasn't up in duel #2 unless I used preparation. Still the fights lasted for so long EVEN when our gear difference was huge and all healing I used was a blind + bandage, a couple of times I even did a blind + bandage -> restealth + sap -> eat Very Happy But yeah.. He used his hots all the time and all I had was bandages and imo bandages should be allowed in these duels too. If I had used potions, I would've stood a much higher chance to win. IMO bandages are enough healing, you just need to combine it with some kind of CC.

Classes who don't have healing but can bandage with the help of some CC:
-Hunter (intimidation, freezing/frost trap (I never remember which is the ice block..)
-Mage (polymorph, frost nova)
-Rogue (kidney shot, gouge, blind, vanish + sap)
-Warrior (intimidating shout, improved hamstring (arms only), spell reflect (this works only against classes with direct CC like polymorph, fear, death coil etc)
-Warlock (fear, death coil, seduction)

In other wodrs all classes who don't have healing spells have ways to do a fairly safe bandage. The only exception to this seems to be the warriors, who only have a 3-minute cooldown to help bandaging. Also warlocks have health stones so they don't even need potions, though. I don't know if they share the same cooldown but if they don't, no pots for wlocks! Evil or Very Mad

What about the trinket, you may ask. Well, if your opponent uses his trinket to interrupt your bandaging, he's going to be very vulnerable to CC and kiting later on which is a huge risk to take.
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiderspy Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:07 am

i think you should only be able to use your classes abilitys and nothing else...
Spiderspy
Spiderspy

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:35 am

Well I think professions should be allowed. First aid is a profession and those who can use bandages that are any good have spent time leveling it up (although I know it's really easy). Same with engineering and JC trinkets etc. I think they should be allowed as people have used time and money to level them up. It's not like they give any insane amounts of overpowerness of mass destruction.

We need more opinions on this Rolling Eyes
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Rawrrz Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:36 am

Spiderspy wrote:um... why no healing?... i mean coman a lot classes are based on healing more or less... and some classes can't heal so it would't be fair...

I am guessing he meant healing potions ><

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:13 pm

Rawrrz wrote:
Spiderspy wrote:um... why no healing?... i mean coman a lot classes are based on healing more or less... and some classes can't heal so it would't be fair...

I am guessing he meant healing potions ><

-No healing or mana potions Razz Yes I meant healing potions. Of course healing classes are allowed to heal just as DPS classes are allowed to DPS rabbit

Does anyone have any new ideas? Should we try some of these events next sunday? We've got some people at 70 or near 70 now so we could try the Duel Tournament? Besides I'd like to see you guys beat each other up Twisted Evil Hahahaha, that sounded a bit evil. I mean I want to see some 70 duels. Razz
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:23 am

I am ok with that. Duel to the knees!!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:25 pm

Does anyone know if the in-game voice chat is raid wide? Or does it only work in a group? I was just thinking.. You know the game where you play music and when it stops you have to go sit and every round there's one less participant.. He's 'eliminated' from the game, was that how you say it? Embarassed

Another one would be to simply play around with spell effects and create some cool light shows or something like that Very Happy

I just googled some other games we could try Very Happy Here's some I think could work in WoW:

"I like you" - We sit in a circle and one at a time each of us says why he likes the person sitting on his left side. The trick is that the same adjective can't be used twice rabbit

(Don't know this name in english Razz) - People sit in a ring and one person stands in the middle. People sitting in the ring say another person's name (who's also sitting in the ring), one at a time of course, and the person in the middle has to /slap (or /lick /kiss whatever you want Laughing) the person who's name was said before he says another person's name. If the 'stander' manages to /emote someone before he says another person's name, the emoted person gets to stand in the middle. Razz

"The lap game" - Everyone sits in a circle. The leader says, for example, "Everyone who's wielding a two-handed weapon moves two 'spots' left" ("spot" supposed to be a chair but this can be done without). If the 'spot' a person has to sit on is taken, he has to sit on the person's lap. In the end everyone's sitting on each other's lap. Very Happy

Translation complete, I hope you can understand.. Some parts sound a bit confusing imo. bounce
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:24 am

I see some great ideas here Very Happy We could give it a try and see how we get on Smile Are we getting back to our guild gatherings on sundays? Last time only 4 or 5 people showed up...

On the duells - first aid is proffesion allright but so is alchemy Very Happy Is this mean that alchemist can use his pots to heal him? I think bandages are ok but using pots is waste of money really. My warrior has 3min cd on fear so it doesn't really matter to me Razz Healing classes should be allowed to use healing spells same as meele classes are allowed to use their weapons ^^ ''put your axe away and I won't heal myself'' heheheh

On the side note - keep in mind that targets that are sheeped get very quick hp/mana regen when polymorphed. It's advised to use it when the fight starts to create some distance from oponent before you nuke away but doing it in the middle of the fight just to bandage yourself is very risky as your oponent may break out from sheep healthy and happy as pig in the sugar Very Happy
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:19 am

Well yeah, wise use of polymorph recommended.. Laughing But if the fight is not going the way it should be, polymorph is a good restart.

I really don't know about alchemy potions.. After all, those who have it spent time and money leveling it up so they kind of should be allowed to use healing pots.. Another solution would be that they're only allowed to use the buff potions. Smile
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:12 pm

Heh on alchemy:
if all other professions are allowed: enchanting, inscription really dont see why alchemy should be kept in the dark Question
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:23 am

The other professions can't instantly heal you for a few thousand health. Razz Alchemy has some really handy buffs like elixir of the mongoose + mad alchemist's potion, so alchemy kind of works in the same way as the other professions with only buff potions being available. On the other hand healing potions are part of the profession and I understand why they should be allowed to be used. I won't vote for either 'yes' or 'no', we need more opinions on this. rabbit
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:51 am

Well as I can spend at least 2000 g on proper enchantments for 70 people can by pots and use them they dont have to be alchemists. What I mean to say Its not like you can use only proffessions you have. You buy all that stuff, so people can by pots as well as good as I can by enchants. So I would say most definetly yes.
I use them especialy when I fight allyes. read somewhere its againt etiqute. What f...... etiquete, he/she ganks me at half health while fighting a mob and then I shouldnt be able to use my pots? Piss of etiqute.
And if you can put enchant on weapon that can ocaisonaly ignore dont know how much armor I relay dont see the reason why you cant heal yourself for ocasionaly 1000-2000 health points. Besides you will most probably use it only once in a fight it it has what 2 mins cooldown, and you will not be able to gulp them down every 5 secs or so. And its not like youll have too many opportunitis to use it. Look, if you are wining you will not use it, If you are loosing badly you wont use it, youll use it only in situations that are pretty much tie, to give you some edge.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:27 am

Alright, seems to me there's no one else here to back me up Laughing You win. tongue
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next