Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yestardays Raid... Your thoughts?

+5
Akaris
Temple
Rawrrz
Teshija
Leannah
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Yestardays Raid... Your thoughts? - Page 2 Empty Re: Yestardays Raid... Your thoughts?

Post  Gredeth Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:56 pm

Oh and Temple, I could never do as good a job in main tank healing as you do because that's what paladins excel at. Shamans on the other hand have chain heal, 2.5 second cast (minus haste, possible blood lust etc) heals 4 people. Normally 3 but I've glyphed it to 4. It's kind of an "intelligent" heal, jumping to the people with lowest health. You do your job in MT healing, and I top the raid off, no one's put to shame, everyone gets phat lewts. cheers

Can't wait to go again..! bounce
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Yestardays Raid... Your thoughts? - Page 2 Empty Re: Yestardays Raid... Your thoughts?

Post  Gredeth Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:36 am

Not much of a "yesterday's" raid now but thought I'd share mu thoughts anyway.

First of all, two wings; 6 bosses down. I think we did very well today! Very Happy

Loatheb caused some problems since our DPS was a bit low but other than that, pretty smooth run. That is, of course, if we don't mind the few stupid mistakes like people getting locked out in Maexxna etc Laughing

The druid was a bit .. Meh.. Evil or Very Mad He didn't have much hit rating, barely ANY tbh but he did ok DPS I guess.. Next time check the armory before inviting randoms? I know I could be kicked out of our Naxx group if we only looked at people's stats but if the DPS isn't hit capped.. Wtf..
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:47 am

Agree - We should ask a few questions about their gear / knowledge before inviting. But i thought he'd be hit capped, guess he's been carryed thru runs.

Anyway, apart from the AFK and Buc's DC, we did well - Just need to be faster.

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:28 am

Well, really can't do anything about having to eat in the middle but apart from that I could drink a bit less.... lol!
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:41 am

Gredeth wrote:Loatheb caused some problems since our DPS was a bit low but other than that, pretty smooth run. That is, of course, if we don't mind the few stupid mistakes like people getting locked out in Maexxna etc Laughing

Ok you might think it was an hounest misstake but no..... i staid out by chose i mean did you see the bug in ther it was HUGE!!! .... Suspect .... *Better to apper courdly then stupid*.... Laughing
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:50 am

Well in all seriusnes.... I thought all considerat it was a realy good run and most of all because it was so bumpy...Smile I meen i was second DPS and i havent geard upp that mutch.....Think how smooth the run will go when we have better dps whit use (Heavy, Koxla) insted of pugs and whene our newcommers have geard up better in some HC (those who needs it)....Smile Plus when we have learn to work better as a group .... I think we are there now a full Naxx 10 man run are in effect possible we only need some more addjustment maybee someone need some more gear and above all we all need the time to commit to a full run .... and this i think is the biggest obstickle ... but not to wory we will evantualy find the time and whene we do it will be glourius..... Shocked

...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:26 pm

Well I must say we are getting better imo! Pulls went bit faster and pretty much all were on their toes so think downtime between bosses is rather good now.
There is still question of wipes on bosses but military wing is completely new to us especially 4 horsemen so i dont really look at it as some big failure. Part from Saturday apart from Heavy being DCed, and some AFKs (Greddys eating not included here, he warned us about it Very Happy ) went good. I am specially proud on not wiping on Haigan!
So Next run! I would skip spider and plague now we have it pretty much down ok. Instead I would use the time we have to learn bosses in construct quarter, if we finish it then we move to military which is fairly easy up till 4 horsemen! And if by some insane stroke of luck and skill we have time we can return to spider and plague in the end! Remember we all will need 4 wings cleared achievement to move to final 2 bosses!

Also that rogue from yesterday run - Hellseth seems nice fellow, so I suggest we keep him on our list of known friends for times when we dont have full guild run.
I told him yestrday he can check us out here so well see!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:03 am

Yeah i think we should continue from Military quarter > Construct quarter > Frost(?) quarter. Clear the entire raid, then start to farm it for gear.

Note: Imo once we have 10 man naxx down, we should start looking for people for 25 man naxx. And that Malygos will require, imo, us farming naxx 10 for a bit.

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:16 am

Akaris wrote:

Note: Imo once we have 10 man naxx down, we should start looking for people for 25 man naxx. And that Malygos will require, imo, us farming naxx 10 for a bit.

Yeah as for Malygos was thinking of getting me frost protection gear for first time. It will be some money invenst I think will have to talk to Buc about prices but I think it would make my/yours job easier the firt time we are in!

Also guild is looking good for 25 man runs since we have 3 ready healers (Aka, Temple, Greddy) and Nahi in reserve 2 ready tanks (Me and Sil), one coming of age soon (Pahana) and one reserve (Buculus). IMO we should only look for DPSers for 25 4 tanks and 4 healers are more then enough otherwise people might get bored with lack of healing/tanking jobs!

Also gear wise except shoulders and pants (which are not too great of an upgrades for me) there is not much NAx can offer me exceptexp for 25 man! So I am looking only in Malygos now for some upgrades (and VoA 25). Anyways when Pahana comes of age and some gear I ll take a bit of a break from MTanking. Getting a bit tired. Looking at Sil to take over and Pahana to go as an OT (with Buc jumping when and if necessery), if it is allright with them! Well see how it goes and Ill decide by then!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:30 am

Yeah i thought it went well yesterday...Smile

And as Tes sad im also starting to get what i need from naxx 10 man so malygos could be fun. Saying that i will ofc go on the raids ...Smile its fun raiding whit you guys ... Smile but i might start lvl Grim sone and he might take over i think we could use a hunter in the guild now that we lost Brewo.
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:57 am

Well yesterday we cleard spider and plauge and hade a realy nice go at Thaddius down to 35% i think and that was whit 1 dps short from the start and some deaths early one but the ones that made it the first shift stayd to the enragie at least i think so...Smile

My point beeing this is defelently duable ones you done it ones you will se its easy....Smile I for one want another go at him during the week. I dont think it will take that mutch time we can be ther in 10 min and keep going till we down him or untill we need to go....Smile Although i think white some nice dps it will go fast...Smile I think we shall try to grabb this oppertunaty to learn him so maybee we can start to se how many have the chans to give it a go this week i can bouth today and tomorrow...Smile How about you?
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:09 am

I can't come today but tomorrow I'd say 95% that I'll be there Razz

To sum it all up:

- Spider wing: Fully cleared and we have it on farm with no problems on bosses
- Plague wing: As above
- Military wing: We cleared it all up to 4 horseman without any problems. Only thing left is to hone our tacs for last boss there and we can consider it done and put on farm status.
- Construct wing: No major problems on first 3 bosses. We also have a good idea of what's going on on Thaddius and we could have downed him yesterday if not for the fact that few dpss died and he enraged when we got him down to like 30%. I think this one will be easy to down if we wont mess up on changing sides.
- Last two bosses: we're getting there Wink

Anyhow - I can probably be there around 8-8.30pm server on Tuesday to try Thaddius once more if that's any good Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:11 am

Well only time that will work for me will be tusday at 9 pm server and without me you guys cant enter there......

I already told you my power is limitless Twisted Evil I can control you even when I am not there!

But I am here with Lea. I would like another shot at him, and military quarter to....

1 and main reason is this. SInce we dont realy know all the tacts (I mean we have read it but that is no substitute for real kill experience) So i want to try out first bosses at military as well to see how smooth they will go. If our guild people do well there I can be fascist about looking for pugs instead of just pulling in random people with all kinda gear and exp just becouse we ourselves lack on hands experience. I mean its silly do demand something you yourself dont have! So if we clear mising bossees this tuseday we can be more strict gear/exp wise when pugging!

So far I can realy say this spider and plague are good and farm-like. Military first two bosses shouldnt be a problem but want to check it to be sure. 4 horsem we need to learn! Patchwerk is not any kinda problem and its easy fight as long as people look at their DPS. Second boss realy should be tanked by Sil, due to effectivnes, gluth is easy when we switch. And we need to work out Thaddius but once you get the trick its way easier then heingan!

Also another imperativ for guild is gearing up Pahana, besides we all could use a bit from farming HCs harder becouse of dual specs coming up.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:11 am

Lol Buc we nearly posted exectly the same post! flower
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:17 am

One more thing Razz

If we manage to down Thaddius this week before reset I think our next weekend raid should look as follows:

Saturday: Clear Construct and military up to 4 horseman and try to take last boss there down
Sunday: Clear Spider & Plague and try to move on to last 2 bosses

I guess would be nice to start with harder parts and leave easy bits for Sunday (Spider and Plague) and then devote rest of our time to this frost worm and Kel.

I guess Spider and Plague shouldn't take longer than 1.5h as we fly through them at this stage so this should leave us enough time to try last 2 bosses in Naxx. On Saturday we could try to clear 2 harder quaters as it might take a bit of time (4 horseman)
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:19 am

Teshija wrote:Lol Buc we nearly posted exectly the same post! flower

Laughing
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:29 am

Yeah tis all sounds good and again Tes why would we ever want to go to naxx witout you... I love you

Yeah im up for farming as well....Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:15 am

Buculus wrote:One more thing Razz

If we manage to down Thaddius this week before reset I think our next weekend raid should look as follows:

Saturday: Clear Construct and military up to 4 horseman and try to take last boss there down

I guess would be nice to start with harder parts and leave easy bits for Sunday (Spider and Plague) and then devote rest of our time to this frost worm and Kel.

I guess Spider and Plague shouldn't take longer than 1.5h as we fly through them at this stage so this should leave us enough time to try last 2 bosses in Naxx. On Saturday we could try to clear 2 harder quaters as it might take a bit of time (4 horseman)

Agree.

I think we're at the stage where we don't need to do a 4/5 hour naxx run that includes spider and plague wing. As you said we can clear them with out problems - Mite aswell leave them till sunday for a nice relaxed farming run.

Our main raiding time, imo, should be spent progressing till we can't progress any further. My point being that four horsemen, saph, and kel are the hard bosses - Lets get them down!

Thadd and four horsemen are just like Heingan. They're not your usual, stand.....fight...kill adds....down before enrage - Once we get some practise in, some epic wipes in we'll nail it. Fact. Twisted Evil
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:18 am

Buculus wrote:One more thing Razz

Well as I see it; call me an optimist but what can I do, if we keep 11 AM morning raid till 15 (thats 4 hours) we have more than enough and we can clear it all and be done with it.
We can do it in shorter time but this is widest scope I can safely put!
As for run, I agree we can do military and construct first. But I would like to continue in Tuseday!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:23 am

Yeah i agree as well lets do the hard stuff on saturday...Smile i alsaw think its easier to find less geard pugs willing to do only spider and plauge on sunday whene we dont need A-game pugs...Smile. Assuming we need pugs...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:23 am

Well Yesterday was a succuses in my oppinon we downd all the bosses in every wing and i think we have the tactic down on Sap....Smile.

I dont have mutch to say other then good job everyone i realy think we have a real good group for farming Naxx now. We realy only need some more guild DPS and maybee a healer...Smile unleas Havy like to switch to Nahi on the 4 hoursmen...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:33 am

Ok guys all wings are finaly cleared and two end chambers are before us! All of us know tactics by now, and we have geared up nicely. We are making some progress Very Happy

Saphirron is easy mode, and as Lea have put it we should be running in the same direction since it would be easier to hide that way. Other than that we shouldnt have any trouble there.
So I thin when we Pug for Next run it will be safe to ask for some gear end experience from our pugs, so we can realy be fast about it. And in all seriousnes no more wipes now. We know all tacts we have all been there and every wipe takes us 10 mins or more from our timetable. Also check your gear upgrades you can get from Nax (for me they are pretty much only on Saphiron, Kel and Maly). I even didnt take my T7 tanking pants exchanged the emblem for DPS ones). The reason is that they would require a complete overhoul of my gear and gemming just to get few more parry and dodge, and they would reduce my def as well and I walk the edge there atm.

Getting sidetracked a bit. I wanted to say this: check your upgrades (think we can only benefit from military querter onwards at this stage but all please check to make sure). So in the end we are gonna start with these and two end bosses ofc. And if we really need and have time we can return to spider and plague for emblem/offspac pillageing!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:03 am

Nice sad Tesh. I just want to point as well i already have on anotherpost...Smile This is a golden oppertunaty to "Blitzz" gear any DPS ...Smile Meening we have the core now Healers tank and DPS but we are some Healer and DPS short every run...Sad So we end up like a santaclause for every low geard Pug out ther... Take the robe yesterday it was so good i almost whent for it (I have t7,5 robe) think what an uppgrad it would have been for a caster in our guild... I did not see how mutch DPS the mage that took it put out but i bet it wasent alot...Smile

So my point is this i reather take low geard guys from our guild and gear them up insted of pugs even if they are slacking a bit in DPS. I think we can pull up the slack for the time beeing... Wink
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:09 am

The point is that we dont have any more low geared guys in our guild........
Its just 8 of us left with Shanla coming up (he is fast about it at least), and odd ocurence from Sylvester. Not mentioning Snakebyte here he is way to low still. And Pahana is still undergeared for Nax he need guild heroic runs to learn too Tank, he never did it realy, so I understand why he does not PUG, the amount of flame would kill the poor man. If he geared up then I coul easily and happily switch a bit do DPS and have smoe fun with damage Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:24 am

I'm really happy we have finally cleared all wings Smile We could have downed Sapphiron as well if not for the fact few of us had to leave (incl. me Yestardays Raid... Your thoughts? - Page 2 738831 ). We were really close on 2nd try Smile Now as we know all tacs we shouldn't have any major problems there. And as Tesh said - we have to focus and avoid wipes as they take at least 10min of our time in there each. This means 4-5 wipes and 1h is gone...

We made huge step forward in our progress clearing last two quaters Smile Now only 2 last bosses left and Sapphiron doesn't seem to be any hard tbh.

As to the gear - I only need gloves for Buc (but he's not part of raid team so it's not that important now), chest, shoulders and ring for Heavy (chest and sholders from Naxx and ring from either Gundrak or Naxx) and chest, gloves and probably trinket/ring for Nahi (again - mainly Naxx) but all these toons are Naxx ready as they are so I can just continue on them as they are and just hope for some bits to drop while we farm Naxx. I don't really need any HC farming apart from emblems but this means I can help others to gear up in the mean time as every instance will be good for me Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next