Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chain pulls in raids

5 posters

Go down

Chain pulls in raids Empty Chain pulls in raids

Post  Teshija Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:45 am

Ok guys here it is just a few tips/notes how to go faster about it!

Important thing is here is distance from tanks. You should be more then few yards away, you never know will tank pull and charge - if he charges you are safe af he pulls all bets are off if yoou guys stay close! So proper distance you will need to work that out by yourself.
So we should run in this order MT and OT, MT healer, DPS, and lastly other healers. We dont necesserily be in litlle row like chicks behind mother hen but you get the point if you stand in front of MT healer you are too close!

Only two mobs will be marked one for DPSing after MT establishes aggro and 1 for OT to tank away from the group (if the mob does AoE dmg) to realive stress from the healers. If only skull is marked then all group up and nuke, skull will be asinged to new mob just before the first one is down.

Bosses are trial and error but these two tips will make us much faster belaive me. Only stops will be for healers to drink and for ready check on bosses!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Chain pulls in raids Empty Re: Chain pulls in raids

Post  Twila Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:30 am

Teshija wrote:
Only stops will be for healers to drink and for ready check on bosses!
and time spent with people afk Sad
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:10 am

AFK time is now small issue as long one of us is AFK the group can go on (bosses are exception ofc).
Besides Zu is no longer with us Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad , we had big AFK s back then since he was our best DPS and he often had to take care of his cats, etc... Off all accidental deaths that happened his were 60% heavy holds good 25%, Lea is 5%ish and about 10 devides amongst us! So we pretty much always waited for him.
Now all guild DPSers are pretty much equal there so no point on waiting for specific one!

God I wish him back he made my tanking life interesting!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:58 am

Teshija wrote:God I wish him back he made my tanking life interesting!

and my healing, i swear he removed all his armour at the start of every fight hehehehehe I miss him too Sad

COME BACK ZU!

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:16 am

First of all this we have to do...Smile i realy want to see it

Teshija wrote:We dont necesserily be in litlle row like chicks behind mother hen

Second, It looks like a plan tes i say go whit it...Smile my only question is, i guess you want some AoE on specific targets and nuke on others is this up to use DPS to choose or do you want to mark it? I think it will be faster and i would prefer to choose for my self and see if i draw to mutch aggro or not and often we DPS knowe what dps tactic is best for our class. Ofc some mobs need to be nuket and so on but im talking overall here. We (i.e. me) will ofc wait for you to build aggro befor going in to AoE.

One other thing. I think it would be good if posible, to mark the secondary target as well sins it easy to switch then when the first goes down. Her i guess the assistent guildleader can help out...Smile.
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:32 am

Let me put it this way, there will only be one mark up at the time becouse its faster for me to mark, secondly it will stop you DPS guys to switch to other targets before tanks (all DPS has this tendency and I get it).

As for your DPS methods I realy dont know, and care even less which one will you use and in what manner as long as the skull goes down first.
One tip just in case! Goes to all of you using Omen and AoE- Me thinks omen displays the threat placed on the targeted mob! So if you decide you are gonna AOE the group dont target the skull mob since no way in hell you are be able to get him of the tank. Target other unmarked mob when casting AOE that way youll be able to see much clear picture when you will be getting unwanted attention.
PS when casting single target dmg dont forget to return to skull!
Also melee fighters pull aggro at 110% tanks threat and casters do after 130% tanks threat (just to get you a picture of how far you can go)!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:49 am

Yeah i guest as mutch but i thought you hade a new system going and thought you wanted to try somthing new thats why i asked about the AoE sins i thought if we do it faster you will get less aggro. The other thing was that you specificly pointed out that we should hit the "skull".

Thats why i asked
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:05 am

I guess the problem with AOEing any amount of mobs is threat - Afterall theres no way the tank can produce enough AOE threat to counter the DPS' AOE threat generation. ( Maybe i'm wrong, who knows )

One way to counter this is to do the opposite that you may think. If we take one AOE DPS then that guy is gona die cause of the threat and the lack of damage to actualy kill the trash. If we took extra AOE DPS then trash would die less, less running around for the tanks, less healing ( Equaling less mana breaks - Multiple AOE DPS = less single player mana consumption ), and it'll be quicker.

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:18 am

Yeah agree Aka we have to try our way there.....Smile se what works and what dont...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down