Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Absens from raids

2 posters

Go down

Absens from raids Empty Absens from raids

Post  Leannah Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:25 am

I Post this to point out a problem and i dont want to point anyone in particular that is not my meening.

We are a casual guild for sure and we dont demand anyone to raid. However if someone signe up for a raid we do expect that player to do its absolut best to be online and on time for the raid. If that player are not in time or online for the raid he/she will mess up the raid for all the rest in the group and it is a realy big show of disrespect imo. Plus if someone gets a spot in a raid he/she will most probably bump some one ells off the raid that dont get to raid that week aswell.

Now we (Officers) have been linient to players not showing up for raids so far and we dont want to implement a punichment system for it but as the guild is growing we are getting more and more players willing to raid and if players start not showing up for raids we (Ofiicers) will stop taking this players whit us on raids sins we dont knowe if we can count on them showing up.

Now just to point out we are a casual guild and if you dont want to or cant raid then ofc you dont have to...Smile. But if you signe up for a raid its every players responsabilaty to see if he get picked for the raid and then show up rdy and on time. Now ofc ther might be unforseen complication that makes a players miss the raid and that will ofc be accepted as long as he/she let it be knowen to the player in charge of the raid, That is the player whit a "Crown" infront of hes/hers name. However if a player constantly signe up and then comes whit excuses not to come then that players need to start thinking about how much he prioratise raiding and maybee be a bit more konservative about signing up for raids.
Now ofc some of you might want to raid but are not sure you will make it then use the "Tentative" button. If you do this you might get picked as "reserv" meening if we have a no show you can take that spot and come to the raid but we will not demand that you have to be online. Also if you put "Tentative" and we are 1 or 2 players short then the officer in charge might /w you the day before the raid and ask if you can come, and then you can togheter work out problems like that you for instant need to be 30 min late or leave for 20 min the middle or end early.

I just like to end by saying that we dont want to "punich" anyone but what players need to understand is if you dont show upp you rune the evening for 9 other players. Players who often have very limated time playing and that makes sacrafises to be able to raid and its not as easy as to "just pick someone ells" sins first off all the noshow player probably bumpt another guildy of the rooster already. and secondly 9 out of 10 times that "someone ells" will be a pug, and then what is point whit guildraiding, or another player that did not want to raid and that is not fair to them aswell and 1 out of 10 times it will be "raid off". So by posting this, we (officers) hope we dont need to start implemanting any punishment system but that players just instead be respactful to other players and show up on time for raids...Smile

now feel free do agree or disagree whit this statement or to come whit suggestions...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Absens from raids Empty Re: Absens from raids

Post  gorhq Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:19 am

I whole heartedly agree with Leannah here, if we sign up for raids we should be there (on time mind) and do our best whilst in the raid. And, as Lea said, this being a casual guild I can understand that you dont want to implement any punishment for not showing, other than perhaps for the next raid put the 'no-showers' as backups rather than as signups. I my other guild we used a dkpsystem where you recieved 'points' for signing up and showing up, however if you failed to show you were granted negative points instead. I understand that you dont want to go down this road, so, as for now I think Lea's ideas are solid. There's nothing fun about waiting for those last persons to show up, or having to 'force' someone who'd rather have a break from raiding that day to come along.

that's my two cents, cheerio
/gorhq - kayila

gorhq

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:18 am

Thx Kay...Smile

I just like to add that ofc we do see that there is complication from time to time about making it just in time but if it is then signe up as tentative and /w the officers in charge and say that you love to come but that you have to be a bit late or leave in the midle for a few or so. Then it will be the Raidleaders desition if he can use that player and work around those time restriction...Smile. Also if you are running late by any chanse or are not able to come then if you have the opertunaty try to contact anyone ells in the guild and ask them to let i be knowen to the raidleader that you will not be comming or you will be a bit late...Smile. The problem is if someone dont show up in time we dont knowe if that player will be 5 min late, 1 hour late or not comming at all...Sad.
Now as i hope you all understand this not that we want to punish anyone we just want everything to run as smoothly as possible...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down