Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who wants to raid?

+6
Temple
Teshija
Twila
Silahco
Buculus
Leannah
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who wants to raid? Empty Who wants to raid?

Post  Leannah Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:27 am

Well we did not get to do any raiding this sunday... Sad But i knowe we have many new mambers and i also see that we have some new "Registrations" on our site...Smile Whitch is promasing and fun....Smile

So i was thinking maybee we have been boggd down on the raiding time or maybee there is some other reson why we have "hit a wall" so to say... Mind this though its been only one week so its understandible that we cant raid every week...Smile Anyhow like most of the times i get sidetrackt and start babbling...Smile

So i Accualy just want to see how many we are out there ready to raid...Smile? plz make a post her. Its nothing binding and you dont have to be in the guild. I just like to see how many we are that wants to raid, then we can work out time etc...
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who wants to raid? Empty Re: Who wants to raid?

Post  Buculus Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:53 am

I want to raid Smile Can cover tank/healer/dps spot if needed Smile So that's 2 of us Razz Now we need 8 more Razz Post here lads Smile I'm sure we'll see few more posts in here
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:55 am

I also want to raid more, but it will be dependand on raid times.

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Twila Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:08 am

I enjoy raiding with you guys
But like most others it depends on the time
WoW is a hobby for me...IRL takes precedence
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:54 am

Me wants but wow wont see me till next Tuesday I am afraid. Have lectures all week, then when I come home there is wife + more work. This is one of those rare weeks when I cant have time for anything. Mad

Just hoping dual specs wont suprise me tommorow then Ill try and make my way online! Put some sleeping pills in wifes tea Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Not too much tho!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:34 am

Teshija wrote:Put some sleeping pills in wifes tea Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Not too much tho!

Npw thats a hard core gamer... Very Happy
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:36 am

Teshija wrote:Put some sleeping pills in wifes tea Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Not too much tho!

Who wants to raid? 681779 Who wants to raid? 681779 Who wants to raid? 681779 Who wants to raid? 342285
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:06 am

I like raiding too, but again it's a question of not being able to 'commit' without some planning/appeasing of spouse.

We've evolved as a guild quite considerably from the original premise upon which we were built, the emphasis has always been on the casual nature of our playing. However since the latest expansion (WOTLK) raiding has become 'easier' and has the temptation of being within the bounds of possibility for us.

I say temptation because I believe at heart we want to be both a casual, and a raiding guild - and as stated above, although it's within the bounds of possibility I think we fall right on the knife's edge. None of us have the personal capacity to guarantee attendance to a set schedule (well some do but that's a raging minority), this is not a complaint it's simply the way things are, which is really what's required for progressive raiding. I wonder if we would have this dilemma if raids still required a minimum of 20 people..... I suspect that raiding wouldn't even be on the RADAR. Which may have been a good thing.

Again don't get me wrong, raiding is awesome fun but being able to commit the time is something I take seriously (because it's not just me involved of course, I'm commiting to each of you other raider's) which is a whole different ball game to regular casual play.

I must be brutally honest, I've been considering switching over to mainly PvP play as Gredeth has because it seems less pressure to commit (plus I love whacking other players). Although ofc other than the twink I'm working on I don't *have* a PvP toon hehehehehe.

tl;dr : I like raiding, commiting time is difficult for me.

I do love my walls of text/coffee combos Very Happy bounce affraid lol!

Also on a side not: work is killing me at the moment, which is why I'm very quiet and 'doing my own thing' whilst logged on just now, I don't have the remaining mental capacity for anything more constructive at the moment.

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:50 am

All that is fair enough mate...Smile. This was just a check how the temperature is out there. The main thing is that we have evolved and for a casual guild we have evolved rather quickly. There have only been 1 week whitout raiding and that is not mutch and pepoul seems to have alot to do right now and that is understnible to...Smile.
I think from this post and for the overall vibe of the guild i feel we are streatch kind of thin many of use have hard time making time for raid and we are not quit enough players yett. I think we should maybee take the oppertunaty to take a little break in raiding. Maybee help our up and coming guildmembers to gear up in HC and gear or lvl up some alt as well...Smile.

I just think we should maybee put a hold on raiding for a while and let pepoul play free for a while so to say...Smile (Not that it have been mandatory befor...Razz). But i can be nice not having the pressur to raid if you dont want to or it could be great way for those who want to raid to make friends an contacts in Pug`s and thuse maybee get some new guildmembers.

This might alsaw help use finding the joy of gaming again (for thouse of use who needs it). I lost the joy of gaming whene the guild moved and i did not play for 1,5 mounths but whene i started again it was more fun then ever so i think the joy will come in waves. This way we wount "burn our self out". I alsaw accualy need to focus a bit more on my work...Razz.

This is nothing offical just my thoughts, that it could be nice to take a break in raiding...Smile Hope to hear what you all think
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:42 am

The amount of times this problem comes up is stupidly high...the answer is always the same: There isn't such thing as a casual raiding guild - By the very nature of the guild itself, its a contradiction.

Ok ok maybe not a contradiction cause we've proved it can be done.

But the way wow pve works, it requires high play time, very cut and clean, no messing around. Thats the way the community has shaped it. Thats how blizzard has let it evolve.

The ironic thing is that this applys especially to our casual guild, yet in the end casual guilds don't end up raiding high end - Just can't happen. For example....

Our guild! Casual guild, wants to raid, yet stuck in 10 mans. Why? Because the nature of our guild limits our recuitment and progresion into higher raids. Not enough play time / Time to learn tacts / Not enough members.

Of course i'd love to find a casual guild to prove me wrong. My point being that it seems we've hit our cap...maybe?

Strangely enough i had a 2 hour vent chat about this very topic yesterday, about our guild.

Rolling Eyes
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:23 am

A bit of history on me..I have been playing for a long time and I have always been in a casual guild which meant getting 40 people at that time was nearly impossible, when we finally got to the stage of raiding it took us months of wipes to clear mc and ony, and started on BWL but did not get past the first boss, then BC was released so of course everyone skipped raids and lvl to 70, when we got to 70 we worked on karazhan and after months we got that cleared, we could not move on to the other raids cause we could not get 25 people willing to learn. So I have always missed out on all the raid content of the game and it just feels like I'm only getting half a game, during our MC raiding days I did a lot op pvp when the old ranks system was still in place and got to rank 11 but got burnt out on pvp, so atm the only fun I actually get out of the game is raiding all be it only limited raiding.

So I would be a bit dissapointed if we take a break from raiding, guildwise (sure we can pug runs if we want to but it is just not the same as having fun as a guild) and pugs bring their own problems. We have come far as a casual guild to get to our naxx progress with our limited time and people, but for me casual does not mean we can't raid, sure making time and getting members i a big opstical.

I have no solution as how to over come this but don't think resorting to just leaving raiding is the way to go, we have some people interested in raiding.

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:34 am

Silahco wrote:A bit of history on me..I have been playing for a long time and I have always been in a casual guild which meant getting 40 people at that time was nearly impossible, when we finally got to the stage of raiding it took us months of wipes to clear mc and ony, and started on BWL but did not get past the first boss, then BC was released so of course everyone skipped raids and lvl to 70, when we got to 70 we worked on karazhan and after months we got that cleared, we could not move on to the other raids cause we could not get 25 people willing to learn. So I have always missed out on all the raid content of the game and it just feels like I'm only getting half a game, during our MC raiding days I did a lot op pvp when the old ranks system was still in place and got to rank 11 but got burnt out on pvp, so atm the only fun I actually get out of the game is raiding all be it only limited raiding.

So I would be a bit dissapointed if we take a break from raiding, guildwise (sure we can pug runs if we want to but it is just not the same as having fun as a guild) and pugs bring their own problems. We have come far as a casual guild to get to our naxx progress with our limited time and people, but for me casual does not mean we can't raid, sure making time and getting members i a big opstical.

I have no solution as how to over come this but don't think resorting to just leaving raiding is the way to go, we have some people interested in raiding.

Exactly - Just because we're casual doesn't mean that we can't raid. Yet what Sil stated, it's partly true.

We know the problems, yet for some reason, haven't managed to get past them.
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:53 am

Exactly - Just because we're casual doesn't mean that we can't raid. Yet what Sil stated, it's partly true.

We know the problems, yet for some reason, haven't managed to get past them.

'The first step in solving a problem is to recognise that you have one' - or something Smile

Well said on both your posts Aka Smile I agree totally. I wonder if maybe there's another smallish 'casual' guild that would be willing to merge? double both our numbers, onwards and upwards maybe?!

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:14 am

I strongly belive that casual guild CAN raid. We are the best example. We prooved that we have skills (fuck me - we 8man spider wing without any problems) and are able to find 3-4h once or two times a week when we all meet together.

What happened recently is just IRL getting precedense over wow for last week for some of us which is absolutely fine and understandable but because we are so small it stopped our raiding as 2 or 3 players off means full stop with raiding for us.

Our only problem is not amount of time or arranging raids to suit everyone (even though it's not easy). Again - we prooved we can make it. Our problem is we are short of few members to have a comfort of 13-14 people online ready to raid so that if one or two or even 3 of us can't make it due to IRL issues we still have others ready to come. That's how it was 2-3 weeks back. We had Gredeth, Kolxa, Brewo and Ghostway (not to mention Zushenk but he left earlier on) willing to raid but their absence cut down our numbers drastically. To get back to where we were few weeks back we need few more or at least Gredeth and Kolxa back.

Now Pahana is back as dps and we have new member willing to raid (Erling - DK dps) so our numbers grow again. Tesh will be back online next week or so and we'll be only short on healers which will be over when Temple is back 'full time' and if Aka is still willng to raid with us. I'm not sure if Gredeth will raid as he is pvp biased Razz I hope with dual specs he'll come to Naxx with us from time to time. Ochan is 80 now and Shania is getting there too so potential is there.

All we need now is NOT 'stop raiding' but take a week or so to re-arrange everything once more, gear up Ochan, Pahana and Erling, wait for Tesh and Temple to sort out their IRL stuff as it's more important at the moment and we'll be back in game!

At the moment we have:

Temple (healer)
Akaris (healer)
Gredeth (healer)
Teshija (dps/tank)
Silahco (tank/healer on Ochan)
Leannah (dps)
Twila (dps)
Heavyhoof (dps/tank on Buc/healer on Nahi)
Krosof (dps)
Slashing (dps)
Riath (dps)
Erling (dps)

We also have Shania, Sylvestercat and Spiderspy close to lvl80.

So people are there. When all are done with IRL stuff we'll storm Naxx once more cheers
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:05 am

Buculus wrote:All we need now is NOT 'stop raiding' but take a week or so to re-arrange everything once more, gear up Ochan, Pahana and Erling, wait for Tesh and Temple to sort out their IRL stuff as it's more important at the moment and we'll be back in game!

This was my point accualy but i might have formulated it porly...Smile However It good to here that we want to raid at least i want to and can do it pretty mutch whene ever... im willing to work out my schaduell to make it work...Smile Sins im not in any relasionship right now i can commit time pretty mutch anytime off working hours offcorse...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:25 am

One key issue thats not being raised are the classes - We need each class. We can't just take any class cause they fit the role, eventualy we're gona need Priests / Shamans / Bear tank and Hunters.

If we don't it makes it that much harder for us.

Yet again this is one of the problems that will limit, raid wise. Eventualy raid setups ( Means X amount of X class for X role, is better then X for X encounter. Making it easyier to do, or maybe just doable ) are gona be needed, thats that point of setups - Give the raid the upper hand against the boss/encounter. Reading on EJ that bear tank and pala tank are the only viable tanks for S+3D...
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:45 am

Good point Aka. We are short of few classes atm.

We don't have:

Feral Druid (tank)
Hunter (dps)
Shaman (we have Gredeth but he's pvper by heart <3 Wink Can't wait to start our arena team Razz) (dps or healer)
Shadow Priest (dps) (we have Ochan but he is holy and Shania but I'm not sure what spec Shania is going to take at 80)
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:15 am

Hehe i'll gladly go shadow on Ochan if needed, thinking of duelspec shadow and holy in any case. Laughing After the other day i find shadow much easier. Laughing

But yes that won't solve our issues taking a way a tank to add a dps/healer. We just need a bigger pool, which we will get to.

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:13 am

Hello again, been some time since I trolled about on the forums..

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed in raiding. Back when I watched videos of 40 people fighting Onyxia or Ragnaros it felt so epic, now it's just "read tacs, let's do this, wee phat lewts", the old "feel" of WoW is gone, somehow..

To answer the question: I can raid every now and then. Right now I'm sick and tired, tired and sick of WoW altogether and will be gone for a few more weeks probably. Even the rogue I told you I was gonna level up didn't make it any better, got bored in two days.

Hope you'll get some new raiders in, good luck Smile
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:15 am

I'm kinda in the same boat as you Gred - Totaly bored of wow....i say bored but i mean sick to death of it.

The raiding isn't the same, too easy, not realy as fun as TBC/vanilla. Granted half of it maybe due to the fact i have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much spare time on wow, with very little to do.

Luckily for me that's changing.

As for raiding:

We know the problems, lack of players/suitable average raid time. This has to be sorted fast. Afterall, it's not fair on the people that want to raid yet can't cause of these problems.
They may feel bad about leaving for a different guild, ( Making it look like they hopped ship/leaving you guys in the leerch - Neithers true) but it also kocks up down a peg. Making it that much harder to get back on track.

Also recruitment needs to be sorted - You can't recruit players wanting to raid while your not raiding, it's lieing and not fair. People need to know that your not raiding untill numbers pick up.

Note: I'm probably leaving Akaris for now. I'm leveling a Paladin on Frostmane, horde, to pvp with. With my RL atm i won't be joining a guild - Just doing pvp. ( Plus healing on a Druid is so very mind-numbingly boring ).
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:16 pm

You lads need some 'happy pills' or what's the story with ya? Suspect You both don't sound too optimistic today Razz
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:56 pm

Buculus wrote:You lads need some 'happy pills' or what's the story with ya? Suspect You both don't sound too optimistic today Razz

I'm purely fighting for the guild...After all...people only have so much patience, before it runs out. Neutral

if you know what i mean. Rolling Eyes
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:50 am

Akaris wrote:
I'm purely fighting for the guild...After all...people only have so much patience, before it runs out. Neutral

That's what I'm affraid of... Neutral I really hope we'll be back in Naxx next weekend or we might run into some more 'attendancy' problems Neutral

I think most of us will be there to attend it (might be wrong though)
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:43 am

Well i knowe we have a bit of a rough patch right now and alot of what you sad Aka about the recruting make sens. The point i like to make is this. Wow is not that importent to me, You guys are...Smile. Ofc i like wow and i like to keep raiding but i will never leave the guild. But i think as in many games you can only play it so mutch untill it bacomes mundain and maybee even boring. So one sugestion is if we feel like this is starting to become borring we can always switch games...Smile. Diablo 3 is comming out maybee that could somthing. Start lvl all over again doing dungens and so on...Smile I dont want to make any drastic things here and im content in playing wow right now. But as i sad this guild is more important then the game we all play, At least to me...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:12 am

Leannah wrote:Well i knowe we have a bit of a rough patch right now and alot of what you sad Aka about the recruting make sens. The point i like to make is this. Wow is not that importent to me, You guys are...Smile. Ofc i like wow and i like to keep raiding but i will never leave the guild. But i think as in many games you can only play it so mutch untill it bacomes mundain and maybee even boring. So one sugestion is if we feel like this is starting to become borring we can always switch games...Smile. Diablo 3 is comming out maybee that could somthing. Start lvl all over again doing dungens and so on...Smile I dont want to make any drastic things here and im content in playing wow right now. But as i sad this guild is more important then the game we all play, At least to me...Smile

Thats a nice idea - You guys should bare it in mind.
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next