Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ToTC raid...:)

+2
Buculus
Leannah
6 posters

Go down

ToTC raid...:) Empty ToTC raid...:)

Post  Leannah Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:10 am

Well we downd 2 bosses yesterday...Smile Not to shaby...Smile. We hade some problems whit faction champions....Sad and that happens sometime. Anyhowe i hope everyone hade a good time at the least and also we will try to put out some more totc 10 man or maybee 25 man this week as well. Howevere sins i guess that many of you just like me have alot to do IRL as well its gona be hard anounsing the raids way in edvance sins our regular raiding days are already bookt up...Sad. So keep an eye on the callander sins ToTC 10 man raids can be anounsed on short notice or we might even go "on the fly" so to say...Smile but we are many in guild and i dont think it is gona be a problem organising 2 10 man raids aswell...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

ToTC raid...:) Empty Re: ToTC raid...:)

Post  Buculus Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:43 am

This 25man run yesterday was ok up to the faction champions - we just got nasty setup with 3 healers and 2 heavy melee (ench shammy and arms warr). I think we are ok for 25man runs at the moment - we pugged only few peeps yesterday (I think we had 19 guildies). But yes - 2 x 10man groups might be easier and we have ToC10 on farm at the moment so we could do full clear but on the other hand Trophys could help few of us to get some better gear for ICC Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:52 am

Was fun giving it a try again..
Still wtb trophy though, never win those Smile
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:02 am

Berg wrote:Was fun giving it a try again..
Still wtb trophy though, never win those Smile

I got my first one yesterday and I think we could continue 25man even if we won't have full clear just to give us a chance to get better gear for ICC 10man
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:12 am

Sure that works for me...Smile. Anyways we are so many online now days at any given time and ToTC 10 man is rather short say 1-2 hours so we can easily just do them at any given time...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jockepocke0 Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:46 pm

i think we should try and help some of the less, well less geard ppl in the guild ( like me <3 xD) cuz there are still alot of us that dont have the gear for icc10, and we need toc10/25, so we cant stop with them for a while, and that mean that the ppl with better gear (u know who u are) cant be in one raid and all us in the other xD. how about put up toc in the callender? if we can make it so we do it at the same day every week? (if possible)

just my thinking ^^

jockepocke0

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:10 am

A valid point for sure and to some point we do that as well...Smile. However we allso need to take in to account that we always get new players and alt in to the guild and that sometime pepoul want to change spec and therefor need new gear. If we only do raids that all of use are geard for we will be doing Naxx 10 man still. Saying that ofc im exadjarating...Smile. But this guild have always been about "you play as mutch and raid as mutch as you want" and due to that we have players that are focusing on grinding for good geard and players that are focusing on for instans achiv or alts. All of this is ofc more then ok sins that is the way we want it...Smile. However that meens that players who are focusing on one chare and spec will rather naturaly be better geard and as such we will get a variaty of "geard status" in guild.
Now ofc we need to help players gear up, and i do think we do that, we also need to help and alow better geard players to gear up and raid. Its not realy fair just letting the better geard players boost other players in raids they dont need anything from and then force them in to pugging higher lvl raids, which is mutch harder than pugging lower lvl ones like ToTC 10 man. If we do that we will always be stuck doing one raid and then whene players are geard up they just leave the guild for another one. The fact is that grining HC and pugging lower lvl raids will accualy gear a player up rather nicely and what the guild can help players whit is to get the achivment for a raid and thereby making it easyer to pug...Smile
Now i do beleew the best thing thing for the guild is some middle ground where we from time to time do proggresive raids and time to time help players gear up and last thursday we did do ToTC 25 man and yesterday we did weekly raid for all in the guild...Smile. Afterworth we went to ICC 10 man but as sone as we clear that we will start rotating in players in to that raid aswell...Smile

This is how we try to accomadate everyone in this guild and i hope you all find it acceptible if not opptimal...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:53 am

Yep I dont have much to add here, except you might or might not have noticed that my game time is extreamly low now, and I try to be there at least for progressing raid, but if I am on and there are a lot of people on as well I dont mind to go any 25 or 10 man raid for those who need it.

I just cant organise couse I simply dont know when I will be free.

As for ICC 10, we downed 2 boss yestrday, and its not too hard as soon as you get the hang of priorities on adds. Boss by itself is simple tank and spank, with rotation on tanks on 3 or 4 debuffs, and a bit more carefull DPSing.

We will continue this saturday and I think we are gonna clear it by then. If this scenario turns out right, then for next week we will try and pull 2 10 man groups with balanced gear people and with people that have cleared it before dispersed over both groups equally.
For example each group will be assigned one of the tanks (me or Sil), 1 or 2 healers depending on situation and DPS will be assigned as bast we can.

Then we will have a clear owerviev of where the guild stands, who needs to farm TOTC 10, 25,....
But we picked really good geared people for ICC and we are clearing it nicely, if we disregard the learning curve on tactics. What I mean to say we didnt touch enrage timers once, healing and tanking was always comfortable (at least for me), so IMO we can do it with some lesser gear as well.

Lets see how it will go this saturday. Also we can go Ony 25 this saturday and VoA if we group up a litle bit erlier. Shouldnt take us too long to do that.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:19 am

I'll arrange VoA/Ony 25 run for this Sunday if you lads are going ICC on Saturday. If we won't have enough people to run them we'll go ToC10 instead Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:56 am

I was under the impressions that we dot ICC10 both saturday and sunday, Buc?
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jockepocke0 Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:32 am

yeah well that does sound good Very Happy i been grinding gear now actely xD so i do have full T9 (exept shoulds cuz they ones i have was better Razz) and well, now idk what to do xD i been trying to pug 10/25 man things but its hard, ony i can pug without a problem same with voa, just never drops anything there (sure it does i just never get it xD) so right now im kinda stuck, yesterday all i did was daily hc and finish lvling my mining to 450 cuz i dont have anything else to do xD (thu i might warn u now that i RAF'ed a fried so will be lvling a alt (or 10 xD) and also u might know that he will apply to our guild later on ^^ so thats why i warn u now, he may only be ermmm 14 i think, but he sounds and act like he was 19 i actely thougt he was the first 2 weeks when i met him xD) so, i got enuth gear to (i think) heal toc 10, and i got full T9 as dps, see what i can do with em ^^

jockepocke0

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:14 am

Ok First Yes Bere you are right we have ICC 10 man on Sunday aswell just to be sure we will clear it this week...Smile. But i can be online earlier aswell and are not saved in any raid whit either Nizzo or Lea...Smile

Secondly as Tesh said i hope you all understand we (officers) dont have that much time to raid so we spreading us as thine as we can get to help organising raids and i think you all agree that even if we want to raid whit everyone in everyraid we just dont have the time. The last mounths we have been farming ToTC whit the guild and we will keep doing that but for now many of use are focusing on this first wing of ICC then we will start farming again. However sins HC gives better and better emblems and teh new 5 man IC gives rather nice loot we will stick to the later raids more and more like ToTC and ICC. Ofc we will from time to time do other raids like VoA, Whit new boss, and onyx.
But the point i want to get to is If you want to do a sertain raid then talk to a couple of guildys, finde a time and put it up in callander..Smile. Im only speeking for myself but if i have time, and get noticed about it, i will try to signe up...Smile.

One last point we been talking alot about gear here and "well geard" this is ofc nothing personal. It is just a simple fact every player need to pull there weigt in raids like ICC, im not saying many of you would not do that. But even whit the best intention and best knolage about your class and spec you will need a sertain DPS/HPS/HP etc. Getting to this point will demand some hard work and grinding. I meen i pugged naxx 25 man 6 times (6x7 hours) for a shot at a helmet and sword on last boss, though i never got it. Im not saying that is what is needed but just to show you that some grinding might be needed to get gear...Smile.
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gorhq Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:09 am

First of all I would like to say I both agree and disagree with some of the previous posts here. ICC 10 is the progress raid at the moment (and perhaps totc 25) and thus this raid should be tried every week for better gear upgrades, reputation and whatnot. People who are going to ICC 10 should be geared for it, or at least very close to it, since it is a progress raid I wouldn't want to see anyone in there who haven't gem and/or enchanted all their gear for instance. Though I think that creating an 'elite' group until you've cleared it might send the wrong message to people, some of the members of this guild has better gear, some has a bit poorer gear, but we're all part of the guild and thus should feel like a part of the guild.

About pugging, yes, pugging can be a solution for heroics, onyx 10, voa 10, toc 10, 25, etc, and yes, you can get gear this way but I always feel that pugging is inferior to proper guildruns. Its all about progressing as a guild for me. If we take 20 people from the guild to a totc 25, we have a lot of a better chance that the GUILD, in totalt, gets more gear for more members, than if we have one member of the guild in 20 different totc 25s. This goes for heroics as well, if the hilt (or some other gear) drops in IC 5 hc, its far better that we have 5man guild runs, as this mean one of the guildies will get the hilt, and not just have a 20% chance to get it. Ofc if people want to pug, go ahead, but I for one would like to see more guildruns in all.

Another thing that has struck me is that we are way to 'hot' on pugging and raiding, for instance, why the raids reset at wednesday, people go left and right and pug raids here and there, instead of being a bit cool about it and try and get a guildrun going instead. I can understand the lure of epics, although, if you are in a guild (this is my personal view at least) you should try and play the endgame for the guild. Why else would you want to be in a (raiding) guild?

I dont think there's a question of 'holding' the better geared people back from getting even better gear and progressing in endgame, I think there's a question of feeling that the entirety of the guild is progressing together.

Well, that's all folks, oh, and btw, I hereby notify that I will be absent from wow from the 19:th of december to the 4:th of january, due to the holidays and whatnot!
Merry Xmas all!

gorhq

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:59 am

Well all in all i think we are sort of on the same trak Gorhq. Although i dont want to say we have a "elitist" group just because we have a fix group. The thing we tryed to fix whit this aswell was that often player could signe up for raids and then not show up, for some reson, making it hard to make a balanced group. Also if we hade 15-16 signed up the question was always who gets to go. This lead to pepoul signing up for raids then showing up finding they did not get to go which also causes some frustration and probably add to players not showing up.
Ofc the argument can be made that "if you signe up you must come" but if announce way in advance pepoul might not knowe if they can come at that time. This might lead to players signing up and then not be able to come or dont signe up and finding out they accualy could come. If we put up the raids to late players might not have time to signe up or notice the "post" in time, something we have gotten crittic on. This is enough trouble whene dealing whit 10 players and even harder whene dealing whit a entiral guild. We tried this two ways before and we are absolutly not abondoning them its just that this time we desided to try this way of doing it, just the proggres part of the raid.

Also nothing is to say that other guildys cant group up and try raids aswell inside the guild from time to time as long as they pick guildys for the raids...Smile.

Have a nice chrismas mate...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:59 am

Lads - to cut long story short I'll try to arrange some ToC10 and ICC10 raids for those who are not in progress group for the moment. Having said that if our progress group clears whole wing anytime soon we'll make 2 balanced 10 man teams to farm ICC. For now (since I'm not in progress raid group - something for those who think we made some 'elite' group hehe Wink ) I'll need 1 more tank and 3 healers who are willing to come around Smile

Ofc X-mas is around the corner which means next Wednesday there'll be no raid (at least for me) and same goes for Sunday (again - just in my case. Can't talk for others here) but after that we should be back on track Smile

I suggest next week all who would like to progress ICC should farm some HCs and get their T9 stuff while we'll have some lazy days raid wise Smile Ofc if they have time for it Smile

Everyone here's a bit right with what you said lads Smile It's just not the easiest job in the world to put it all together and make it work and make everyone happy at the same time Wink

Happy Xmas to you too Gorhq Smile Have a good one Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jockepocke0 Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:28 pm

yeah well, it feels hard if we are going to raid now during christmas seens meny ppl might be busy, i probebly wont be online more then to check my mail for a week or so, but i have my T9 waiting for me already Very Happy so ill see u when i see u ^^

ill post something for christmas to the guild later Very Happy

jockepocke0

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:52 am

Yes its christmas coming, and the new year as well.

Think we are loonking at serious raids only after 6th of January but we will see how things will be turning out for us.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:27 pm

Agree whit Tesh i will be on a "soso" internet conection from the 23 dec to 4 jan.

On that note the 23 of dec i will scrape the ice of my car windows and brosh away all the snow and pack it up...Smile. Then i will jump into it and turn the heater waaaay up and put some "Chris Ria" ,driving home for cristmas, in the CD and then drive 600 kilometers further NORT....Smile. That is right boys and girl i will head above the "polar circle" to place called home...Smile. Trying not to hit any raindeers on my way there, its not a joke it is a serious risk i almost hit 2 last year.... ToTC raid...:) 738831
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down