Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

its time for cataclysm!

+10
schaah
Spiderspy
Gredeth
Happytree
Teshija
Berg
Silahco
Leannah
Buculus
jockepocke0
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

its time for cataclysm! - Page 3 Empty Re: its time for cataclysm!

Post  Ulaath Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:18 am

Ulaath

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:36 am

We plan to add Earthquake as a deep Elemental talent for targeted and persistent AoE.
Healing Rain (level 83): An area-effect heal-over-time (HoT) spell that calls down rain in a selected area, healing all players within it. There is no limit to the number of players who can potentially be affected; however, there are diminishing returns when healing a large number of targets, much like the diminishing returns associated with AoE damage spells. This should give Restoration shaman another healing tool that improves their group-healing and heal-over-time capabilities. 2-second cast time. 30-yard range. 10-second duration. 10-second cooldown.
We're also considering letting Elemental drop Searing Totem at range.

Woohoo!!!! AOE spells! Very Happy And it's about time if you ask me.. Smile

However it looks like they're placing most of their shammy work in the enhancement tree so far, but then again, there's probably gonna be more information later.. Wink
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shanla Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:43 am

Looking good there Berg Smile, but now it's time for some priest news Razz

While we want to keep the priest's role as a well-rounded healer, we also want to make sure the class is a viable tank healer, which is something priests moved away from a little in Wrath of the Lich King. Greater Heal will probably be the tank-healing spell of choice, though we've also discussed giving Discipline a second shield so that they have a small shield to cast on lots of different targets, and a big, more expensive shield to cast on a tank or anyone else taking a ton of damage.
Discipline will finally be getting Power Word: Barrier as a talented ability. Think of it like a group Power Word: Shield.
Basically, there will now be a flash heal, greater heal and prayer of healing for shields, sounds like fun Very Happy especially the barrier, 1 click to group shield instead of 10 Smile

The idea behind the Holy "cast three in a row" talent (it's called "Chakra") is that we've always positioned Holy as a versatile healer. This talent lets you shift into different modes. If you need to be a tank healer, cast three single target heals and your single-target healing is now better. Cast three area heals, and you can be a temporarily specialized group healer.
This sounds sick, too bad it's in the holy tree Sad Going to have a tough time choosing main spec if this keeps up.

And the next one is waaay too easy to abuse, so watch out everyone Wink

Leap of Faith (level 85): Pull a party or raid member to your location. Leap of Faith (or "Life Grip") is intended to give priests a tool to help rescue fellow players who have pulled aggro, are being focused on in PvP, or just can't seem to get out of the fire in time. Instant. 30-yard range. 45-second cooldown.
Shanla
Shanla

Back to top Go down

Post  Twila Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:01 am

Shanla wrote:
And the next one is waaay too easy to abuse, so watch out everyone Wink

Leap of Faith (level 85): Pull a party or raid member to your location. Leap of Faith (or "Life Grip") is intended to give priests a tool to help rescue fellow players who have pulled aggro, are being focused on in PvP, or just can't seem to get out of the fire in time. Instant. 30-yard range. 45-second cooldown.

I can see us playing ping-pong with blink and teleport with this new spell Razz
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:54 am

Ye, some of the priest changes sounds fun.. Especially Leap of faith.. Very Happy

But Power Word: Barrier and the "Cast 3 in a row" talent is probably the most useful changes. But I'd still say the score is 1-0 to shamans so far.. Wink
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  schaah Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:06 am

I just say one thing. No New Pet Sad
schaah
schaah

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:48 am

Combat Readiness (level 83): Combat Readiness is a new ability that we intend rogues to trigger defensively. While this ability is active, whenever the rogue is struck by a melee or ranged attack, he or she will gain a stacking buff called Combat Insight that results in a 10% reduction in damage taken. Combat Insight will stack up to 5 times and the timer will be refreshed whenever a new stack is applied. Our goal is to make rogues better equipped to go toe-to-toe with other melee classes when Evasion or stuns are not in play. This ability lasts 6 seconds and has a 2-minute cooldown.

Who said tanking rogues ? Very Happy

Also Smoke bombs are gonna be awesome when doing PVP - Totally sneaking ninja style.. Wink

Smoke Bomb (level 85): The rogue drops a Smoke Bomb, creating a cloud that interferes with enemy targeting. Enemies who are outside the cloud will find themselves unable to target units inside the cloud with single-target abilities. Enemies can move inside the cloud to attack, or they can use area-of-effect (AoE) abilities at any time to attack opponents in a cloud. In PvP, this will open up new dimensions of tactical positional gameplay, as the ability offers a variety of offensive and defensive uses. In PvE, Smoke Cloud can serve to shield your group from hostile ranged attacks, while also drawing enemies closer without the need to rely on conventional line-of-sight obstructions. Smoke Cloud lasts 10 seconds and has a 3-minute cooldown.
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:22 am

Well Lea, 2 new AOE spells for the mages.. Honestly, do they really need that? Smile
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:47 am

Hmm i havent hade a look yett...Smile But sure more spells are good and if any of them are a good DoT im a happy mage but agree im not sure we need more AoE ... scratch I cant rightly se any benefits exept clearing trash...Smile

Regarding leap of fait. Now i need to lvl up a priest so can stop buc from doing those nasty ninja pull...Smile Think about it "Lea Now whit more power over you". Kind of catchy imo.... catchy or kinky.... no im sure its catchy...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  schaah Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:05 am

some of the warrior stuff looked intresting. Maybe I finaly lvl up Uurah to 80
schaah
schaah

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:28 pm

Leannah wrote:Regarding leap of fait. Now i need to lvl up a priest so can stop buc from doing those nasty ninja pull...Smile Think about it "Lea Now whit more power over you". Kind of catchy imo.... catchy or kinky.... no im sure its catchy...Smile

I'm pretty sure we're gonna call it kinky.. Wink
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:49 pm

What about shammys god mode for 20s or so when they can run and cast spells in the same time? Very Happy IMBA in pvp I'd say - kiting and casting long time healing spell. Sounds nice Smile

EDIT:

Spiritwalker's Grace (85)
When this self-buff is active, your spells are no longer interrupted by movement or your own attacks. This will allow you to move while still doing damage or healing when it is necessary.
Instant cast. 10 second duration. 2 minutes cooldown.

Last edited by Buculus on Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:50 pm

And Lea - noone will ever be better in ninja pulling than me Razz No spells will help you with it unless there'll be a spell to turn you into blind, clumsy, old cow that runs into mobs all over the place Wink
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:29 pm

I'm actually not that psyched about Spiritwalker's Grace as many others are.. It's an okay spell ofc, but I'm just looking so much more forward to healing rain and earthquake. Wink
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:15 am

I guess it'll be of less use in pve but it might be imba in pvp Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:05 am

Hmmm I realy need to sit down and read this changes...Smile Later this week i will have more time for it though...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Happytree Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:24 am

Wild Mushroom (Level 85): Grows a magical mushroom at the target location. After 4 seconds the mushroom becomes invisible. Enemies who cross the mushroom detonate it, causing it to deal area-of-effect damage, though its damage component will remain very effective against single targets. The druid can also choose to detonate the mushroom ahead of time. This is primarily a tool for the Balance druid, and there will be talents that play off of it. No cooldown. 40-yard range. Instant cast.

LOL Shroomkins ftw xD
Happytree
Happytree

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:51 am

hehe...Smile i would love to see that...Smile Remote detonation...Smile Funny in PvP. ...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twila Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:02 am

Compared to these, the warlock changes don't seem that hot. Neutral

The most interesting/novel stuff we're getting imo is a knockback on the succubus (though the succubus is only useful in pvp).
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:28 am

Pala info is up now and here a little more whine from me Smile

Blinding Shield (level 81): Causes damage and blinds all nearby targets. This effect might end up only damaging those facing the paladin’s shield, in a manner similar to Eadric the Pure's ability Radiance in Trial of the Champion. The Holy tree will have a talent to increase the damage and critical strike chance, while the Protection tree will have a talent to make this spell instant cast. 2-second base cast time. Requires a shield.

As if paladins isn't annoying enough to fight already..? :S

Well, other than that it looks like they're making group, and raid healing easier for paladins to handle with the new spell "Healing hands", that's pretty nice imo.

Healing Hands (level 83): Healing Hands is a new healing spell. The paladin radiates heals from him or herself, almost like a Healing Stream Totem. It has a short range, but a long enough duration that the paladin can cast other heals while Healing Hands remains active. 15-second cooldown. 6-second duration.
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Happytree Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:04 am

I like the look og Healing Hands to, it seems like a form of Wild Growth Smile i just hope its got decent range on it :S the engel suumon thing is going to be handy too Smile
Happytree
Happytree

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:08 am

Berg wrote:
As if paladins isn't annoying enough to fight already..? :S

Well they are defenders of light and light is the favored above all. See what it did to Lich king. Aha, aha!

Warrior stuff is gonna be completly different now, whole new mechanics on heroic strike, cleave,..... Will be fun.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Thu May 06, 2010 4:04 pm

After tonight's raid i noticed www.mmo-champion.com has released an awful lot of screenshots from the cataclysm alpha test..

Just thought I wanted to show you guys this picture from Azshara.. Wink

its time for cataclysm! - Page 3 Azshara_17
To me it looks like a golf course and being a casual golfer myself it looked kinda fun Very Happy

And also this one looked quite impressive. Welcome to Orgrimmar:
its time for cataclysm! - Page 3 Orgrimmar_05
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri May 07, 2010 12:16 am

Yeah i seen some of this and i most say im impresesd...Smile. However my old nostalgy hard still thinks its a bit said that so much of the old stuff will change...Sad. But all in and all im excitet...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MooLoove Fri May 07, 2010 2:46 am

All I can say is, wow! Screenshots look amazing, can't wait for it to be released now Very Happy

<3
MooLoove
MooLoove

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next