Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rading time and Rules - Discusion

+4
gorhq
Berg
Serjo
Leannah
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rading time and Rules - Discusion - Page 2 Empty Re: Rading time and Rules - Discusion

Post  gorhq Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:11 am

I understand we cant all go in the 10man runs since there are only 10 spots, it goes without saying almost. I do like the idea of the rotation system being deployed, but, as I said, if 3 tanks went one week, the other 2 should get to go next week, that is also simple mathematics. Now buc has explained last week was an exception for getting achievements, well, fine, but that doesn't really have something to do with this weeks raid in my view, and now if hoeg IS going to be MS for tanking, then it's rather strange he is going as healer tonight? does that mean hoeg will be tanking next week or? I cant really get a grip of that but anyways. If we are to implore rotation policy, we cant also have the strict sign-up time policy, they are opposed to each other in a way. Cause then the ones left out of a raid need to sign before someone who was in the raid, even though they should get a spot from the rotation notion. So, either be flexible with the sign-up time, say, like a day or something, a set time, OR implore the rotation fully, meaning those who were in the raid last week, wont go next week (baring meeting the requirements for the raids in terms of stats ofc).

I do understand its hard to rotate some positions, healers do need some gear, as do tanks and dps, and this must be explained to those who signed but cant match the requirements. And I applaude you for thinking about the dps issue with some dps might be undergeared, but can come anyway if there are some really good dpsers coming as well, otherwise, how would they ever get gear? The runs should be a team effort and try and involve as many as possible, again, baring the requirements.

The guild is at an uncomfortable position at the moment as we have too many for a single 10 man run each week, too few for 2 10mans and/or 1 25man, so I appriciate that aspect as well. This might be solved by more activly recruitment (healers and dpsers?), even though this might sound like a hardcore raiding guild for you. It doesn't have to be, but as I said, it might pose a problem with leaving 5-6-7 people out every week or two.

thats my two cents for this time, cheerio.

gorhq

Back to top Go down

Rading time and Rules - Discusion - Page 2 Empty Re: Rading time and Rules - Discusion

Post  Buculus Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:29 am

gorhq wrote:if 3 tanks went one week, the other 2 should get to go next week, that is also simple mathematics.

The only problem here is 3 tanks who were in last week are all MTs. Would be tricky to get 2 OTs to tank it but having said that I guess you're getting close to MT reqs as well which will leave us with 4 MTs (Kayila, Silahco, Teshija, Buculus) and 1 OT who's Hoegenisse untill he gears up.

Apart from that I agree with you it got messy with sign up times and rotations as well as with achievements. All I can say is we spent fair amount of time discussing it all on Officer's board and it's not easy to come up with one simple solution.

Another problem we have (trying to put roosters in advance) is some people signing up for raids and not showing up on the day of a raid.

Full rotation is a no go for healers. We have 4 and we need 3 in every raid so those who were in last week will still be needed this week with only 1 changing. Same goes for DPSs as we have only 4-5 really good DPSs and we must keep 2 or 3 of them in raid setup and replace other 2 or 3 to maintain proper DPS level.

As to Hoeg - I'm not 100% sure what the story is at this stage as he's trying to figure out which role he can fulfill better but after tonight's run we will ask him to decide whether he's going to stay tank or healer as MS.

And yes, we are flexible with sign up times. We just try to put together best possible setup from people who signed up for raid taking in account their gear, achievements, last time they were in, etc, etc. Sometimes we take on board person who signed up day before if we are short on (for example) healers.

And yes, we are trying to switch to 25man raids at this stage as we have too many people who want to raid and too few spots and raid days in raiding week to accomodate them all. For now we might try to pug few DPSs as we should have enough tanks and healers and recruit few more in the mean time.
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2